Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been keeping an eye out for some used ones but can you all tell me where the best place is to get them new?

And, if anyone has any they want to unload, feel free to PM me.

Also, what is your favorite NB cover? I want to CD this new baby from the beginning. I started with DS when he was 5 months old so I have no experience with the really teeny-tiny folks.

TIA!

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - I just checked the outlet store and they didn't have any sz. 0s.

Beansmom, so you like wool on a newborn? I actually only use wool on DS but for some reason I feel like I need to use PUL on a newborn, I really have no idea why. I guess I am worried about the baby having a reaction to it.

How about proraps? How do you like these over a Kissaluv? These are velcro, right? What is a good PUL snap cover for a newborn? I hate velcro.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
we use wool on our nb baby girl every day, and I love it. We have 3 covers and 2 wool pants(that I got for $5 each!!) and it is plenty. I probably have a poo blow out once or twice a day(not onto her clothes, the cover contains it) when I use infant pfs, but when I use a fitted I am good to go. I just spot wash and hang to dry on the towel rack, I always have at least one dry cover.
One of the covers I have is a rb flam wool cover that was fairied to me, it is a great fit, but pretty low rised, so fits very well over the flams and kl 0s, but not so well over some of my other fitteds.
Another one is a bumpy wool(i think it was gifted also)it is dyed pink and so cute. I am assuming it is a nb size, and it is very generously sized and I LOVE it, want to get at least one more of these, as it fits WONDERFULLY over everything. The weird part is usually I hate velcro, but I love having velcro on this cover, it is so quick!
the last cover I wish I new what it was(it was gifted also). It is right in between size wise of the flam, and the bumpy. it fits well over pfs, and all of my other dipes without being overly big. It looks kind of like a vk wool cover, but for all i know it could be homemade too. I love this one too.

hth a tiny bit...I don't have much to compare...oh, and my pants are from precious dignity .com I love the pants and they are a really good fit over everything we have. somewhat of a short rise for my dd, but I love that the pants fit right under her belly button. it's cute. LOL

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Nitara has mostly Kissaluvs. I bought them by going to kissaluvs.com and finding retailers that were carrying what I was looking for at the time.

Nitara has stomach tube issues so I have to use gentle elastic waistbands on her. So far the ones that work are some custom ones that a mama made for her. When I'm not using those I also can use Bummis Whisperpants, Gerber vinyl covers, and MotherEase Airflows. All work great over Kissaluvs. The pull on kind are fast and easy for a wiggly baby, but when she poops I prefer a snap cover be on, for cleaner removal if it leaks (which is rare but it does happen sometimes).

Darshani

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input.

I was just talking to DH about how I feel like I should get some PUL for this baby, and he said, "Don't do it, you won't like it. Besides, it will be summer and the baby probably will never wear a cover anyway." I said, "Yeah, but we should have a few anyway for when we go out, I'll want to put a cover on then. If I was only using PUL for that..." and DH said, "Don't do it! You won't be happy!" :LOL He knows me too well.

Ideally I'd like to get some soakers for this baby, because that's all I use on DS. I have a MM, a KSS and a homemade crocheted one. Now I'm spoiled! I want a cute little KSS for the new little one, lol! But I can't possibly justify buying some expensive soakers for a baby that will only wear them for a few months. SIGH! It's a problem, lol.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by famousmockngbrd
Thanks - I just checked the outlet store and they didn't have any sz. 0s.

Beansmom, so you like wool on a newborn? I actually only use wool on DS but for some reason I feel like I need to use PUL on a newborn, I really have no idea why. I guess I am worried about the baby having a reaction to it.

How about proraps? How do you like these over a Kissaluv? These are velcro, right? What is a good PUL snap cover for a newborn? I hate velcro.
I like the Bumpy Day and/or Night covers, they are PUL. I had a NB Bumpy Wool cover I used some also. I only had size NB Proraps, and they did not fit that well over Kissaluvs, because of the umb. cord notch that is in the front. The Kissaluvs were higher in front than the cover. Bummis SWW come in a snap version.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I really loved using a fleece cover over the Kissaluv 0s. I only had two though, a Staccinator, which worked really well and are pretty easy to find, and a BBH, which was wonderful b/c in had the snap-down feature for the umbilical cord.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.