Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son just turned 2 on the 21st. We are going to a series of birthday parties for kids in the next few weeks. I was wondering what kinds of things you give to 2 year olds (in this case they all happen to be boys.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
bubbles, balls, and things that go.

in more detail
-the largest jug of bubble solution you can buy or make, and/or a cool new wand

-any ball. the kind for 2 bucks at the grocer store are perfect, it's ok if they already have one they will think it's the greatest thing on earth. or whatever sport is in season.

-things that go-we like stuff that moves, but is still simple. a car that the wheels turn, but no flashing lights/sirens etc... airplane with a propeller that spins is cool.

also playdough and books are usually big hits

2 year olds are pretty easy to shop for IMO. And yes, I even thought so before I happened to be the mother of one!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
My nearly 2yo loves playdough and any tools to go with it, plastic picnic cutlery has been a hit recently. Crayons, paints and that sort of thing go down well too although I'm not always up for the mess. I love her mini magnadoodle then/

ITA with the previous poster, balls, bubbles and little toy vehicles/trains also seem to be very popular, also any book with flaps or different textures.

Our suggestions when people have asked what DD would like are sand and water toys, boats, waterwheel sandmoulds etc. Also play food and hats, she absoulty loves hats

1 - 4 of 4 Posts