Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that all is said and done, I really would like to send out adoption announcements. I love the designs at the purple stork,but they are a bit pricey and with the holidays and her bday coming up, I am looking for a bit more affordable option
any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
We got the deal through Purple Stork in which you order the design creation only, for around $30. For that price, they design the card and give you an electronic copy with a letter of permission for you to print. We then sent our electronic file to Costco, where we had them printed for a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I did ours through Shutterfly. I didn't do one of their birth announcements. I did a photo collage card and put what I wanted inside of it. Much better prices.

I didn't really want an "adoption" announcement. We wanted to announce the newest addition to our family. In our case....it's pretty obvious she was adopted.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just did it at Kiddie Kandids in Babies R Us - I had photos taken and then used my own text with a fairly basic photo card. I think you can get cheaper photo cards elsewhere, though - perhaps costco or shutterfly.

I had the text read:
The Universe has a way of knowing when people belong together.
KC and CM are thrilled to announce the adoption of CWM-C.
Finalized April 10, 2006

They had a super cute pose of him in a suitcase, which felt appropriate.
The announcements have been a huge hit!!! Everyone still comments on them... I figure DS will be engaged and people will say "that's a nice engagement photo, but your adoption announcement was SO cute!"

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyndimo View Post
I had the text read:
The Universe has a way of knowing when people belong together.
KC and CM are thrilled to announce the adoption of CWM-C.
Finalized April 10, 2006

They had a super cute pose of him in a suitcase, which felt appropriate.
The announcements have been a huge hit!!! Everyone still comments on them... I figure DS will be engaged and people will say "that's a nice engagement photo, but your adoption announcement was SO cute!"
thats too cute! I know costco does them super cheap, maybe I will look in to those?

another quick question, when you guys did adoption announcements, did you put on a picture of your new child and their siblings, if there were any? I am trying to decide if we should add a picture of Celeste with her sister.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
on the one we did with shutterfly we did collage pics. So it was one pic of all our children and then one of G with myself and one of her with daddy. Three photos total. DH was saying last night how the one we sent to the office some of the guys took home to show their wives..that's how impressed they were with them (GUYS...Architects who happen to be ultra picky about every little thing - made me feel good!) We've received lots of compliments from family and friends too.

Simple to do, and not expensive. Of course it only works well if you are someone who has taken photos you like!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I personally wouldn't add siblings to the announcement because I never did with my bio children. It was a picture card with their birth info on it so I would probably do a photo card and just write my own info on it. But it would definately just be my adopted child in the picture.

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
On ours we had one large and two small photos of just ds, and then at the bottom there was a small family photograph, next to which we printed the words of the announcement: (In huge, beautiful font) His Name (Then below in smaller font) Born On [Date]; (next line, still the smaller font) United As Family On [Date] Adoption Finalized On [Date]; (last line) Proud Parents [Our Names]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts