Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>DS will be 8mo this week and has recently stopped liking car trips. He used to love it, but now he cries much of the time. He's just so mobile now that I think he hates being strapped in. One way that I can usually get him happy is by feeding him. I didn't even want to give cheerios, but no I've even given him saltines. I'm really into feeding him nutritious foods, the only other grain I'll give is quinoa.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Everything just seems so messy in the car:( He already has 6 teeth so I can't even go w/a carrot for fear he'll bite a chunk and choke! Is there anything I can make or buy that dissolve better in babies mouths like saltines do?</p>

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
<p>We give DD Happy Baby Organic puffs. She loves them and they dissolve really well.</p>
<p>At first we broke them in 1/2, but now she can handle whole ones on her own.</p>
<p>I have'nt given her anything in the car though, for fear of choking.</p>

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
<p>If you read about baby led weaning there is a big difference between choking and gagging. Gagging occasionally is normal and not something to be so stressed about. Our little girl (now 11 months) gags a few times a week. If family is there they totally stress "She's choking!!!" but really she's not.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In the car I feed her (messy but car seats can be washed) hunks of fresh peach, apple, homemade fruit leather, buckwheat crackers, apple banana crackers, whole plums etc. All this for the last few months. She also goes mad for half a banana, which she alternatively eats and plays with.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts