Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good sunscreens for babies? What should I be looking for (or avoiding?) I wasn't expecting to use sunscreen on my 8mo dd since we almost never go out in the sun but found myself desperately needing some last weekend and the store only had the Banana Boat sunscreen for babies. I used it
but I bet there's something better out there. Help me find it! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
There was a big ol' thread about sunscreen safety lately. Now that we have the search function back, let me see if I can find it.

Got it:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ight=sunscreen

It'll make you a little batty trying to figure out what's best.

I ended up buying some California Babies stuff for my boys and like it so far.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I read something recently that says that the micronized stuff is not good because the particles are too small (sigh)...also that only avobenzone, which is not in most sunscreens, provides UVA protection.

I canNOT figure this stuff out! I thought CA Baby was the best, and that's what we have been using, but I'm about a step away from just buying the store brand with avobenzone because it seems even the 'natural' ingredients are bad for ya!

I think the best thing is to cover as much skin as possible; when Nora goes in the pool she now wears an SPF suit that covers most of her body as well as a hat. That way I only have to put sunscreen on her lower arms, hands and feet, and a dab on her face in case the hat doesn't shield her totally from the sun.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts