Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Okay, I am 25 weeks pregnancy and slightly anemic.  My dr prescribed iron but I don't like all the stuff that's in the pharmaceutical brand he gave me, and have found some good info on Solgar's 'gentle iron' - iron biglycinate.  My OB didn't want me doing Floradix b/c he wasn't familiar w/ it (which suprises me b/c he recommends querecetin for interstitial cystitis, Optivite, and does bioidentical hormone balancing).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, I am dairy/casein free and have to take extra calcium b/c of that.  Plus, this doula just showed me a prenatal that is calcium free so it doesn't interfere w/ iron absorption (you take the calcium separately).  So does this look like a good regime?  I can't take all my calcium at once b/c I can only take 500 mg at a time for good absorption.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Breakfast - 500 mg calcium w/ magnesium, probiotic, vitamin D</p>
<p>Lunch - calcium free prenatal, 2 iron pills w/ 25 mg of iron, vitamin C</p>
<p>Dinner - 1 iron pill w/ 25 mg, vitamin D, 400 mg folic acid</p>
<p>Bedtime - 500 mg calcium w/ magnesium, fish oil, vitamin D</p>

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
<p>without question I'd do cell salts and a vegetable based iron supplement like floradix.  If he's not familiar with it I'd get him familiar.  I'd also use herbs to get my levels up.  Do you do any infusions? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would most definitely alternate calc phos and ferrum phos salts to get my levels stabilized.  This will help with calcium and iron.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For calcium (aside from the calc phos) I'd do calcium on it's own in the morning and afternoon and only magnesium (like naturalcalm) at night.</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts