Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd pass along a little "hero worship" today..when Google is pulled up, it's a drawing of Jonas Salk for his 100th birthday.

The Guardian headline reads:

a Good Time for Google to Remind us of The Power of Vaccines

I'm sure more people who are injured from vax's remember the power of vaccines, than those who have not received them.

·
Registered
18,653 Posts
I have a bit of respect for Sabin, almost none for Salk. He was so sloppy and ended up infecting a lot of children with polio because his theories about inactivating the virus with formalin were crap.

Reactions: MyFillingQuiver

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a bit of respect for Sabin, almost none for Salk. He was so sloppy and ended up infecting a lot of children with polio because his theories about inactivating the virus with formalin were crap.
Yet, he is credited with the continued existence of humanity...

·
Registered
18,653 Posts
Well, I suspect that a significant number of his contemporaries knew that Salk screwed up. But it wasn't publicly discussed because admitting that the first vaccine deployed was a disaster and ineffective besides wouldn't be good for the vaccine program.

Does it ever occur to the vaccine pushers that covering up points that are fairly easily uncovered undermines trust in the vaccine program? I think that a lot around vaccines is a "no brainer" people literally turn off their thinking when it comes to vaccines. Weird.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: EMRguy

·
Registered
18,653 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts