Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hilarious....with everything that's going on in the world these days, GOP wags in the House want to protect "their own", like The Bugman (aka Tom Delay):

"House Republican leaders are urging members to alter one of the chamber's fundamental ethics rules, which would make it harder for lawmakers to discipline a colleague.

"The proposed change would essentially negate a general rule of conduct that the ethics committee has often cited in admonishing lawmakers -- including Majority Leader Tom DeLay -- for bringing discredit on the House even if their behavior was not covered by a specific regulation. Backers of the rule, adopted three decades ago, say it is important because the House's conduct code cannot anticipate every instance of questionable behavior that might reflect poorly on the chamber.

"Government watchdog groups called the proposals startling and unjustified. If the proposed rules are adopted next week as GOP leaders suggest, they would amount to "the biggest backtracking on House ethics rules that we have seen," said Fred Wertheimer, president of Democracy 21."

More here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

But these clowns claim to have the market on "morals", right?

· Registered
2,629 Posts
I suppose their tolerance for their own criminal behavior started with Watergate, but at least this was (mostly) vigorously prosecuted. I think the real rot began with Reagan and Iran-Contra. Once Bush I pardoned everyone, the Republican Party any lost pretences they had for supporting civic morality. So why should we be surprised?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.