Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ist off sorry for typos im cak (cat is on my lap lol ) ok anyway no clue how these people got my info but it was all about the books for homeschooling that they sell. Some were bible related which is fine with me as it goes with my religon, however the price for some of these was insane!!! A book for me as the teacher which had no info on how big or what really was in it was going for $60+ i mean seriuosly that cant be right!!! and the books for the kids (mind you im looking at prek stuff) was about $20.
Is this normal? If i was to homeschool (depneds on $$ right now unfortuntly) do i need these books? Im not knocking myself but im hardly the smartest apple! Like math, oh i can barely add!!
I have some work books for prek that id like to start to work with with my oldest DS come fall but i got them for no more than $3. per book and imo i can copy them and reuse for my youngest. So anyway im wondering do you all use these "workbooks" ? Are tehy worth their money? If not what do you use?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
No, you don't need expensive books and workbooks to homeschool. You can get lots of free things on the web and library to start. There are great books on homeschooling for free/cheap that you can probably find at your library. This would be a good place to start.
There's also a sticky at the top of this forum on web-sites on all types of topics that are free to use.
I have tons of pre-k and K web-sites that I use to download free worksheets, puzzles, coloring sheets, matching cards etc.
So just toss the junk mail
You should wait to spend your money on resources you find that are more necessary after you get more informed of what's out there.
Just a note, there ARE really expensive curriculums out there-some good and some not-but they aren't required that's for sure!!
Ann

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Was it Bob Jones University Press? I don't know where on earth they would have gotten the idea that I was interested in their stuff, but their catalog just about made my eyes bug out of my head. The prices were just insane.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not sure Annettemarie, I ended up tossing it :LOL The prices were crazy! I actually ended up having my mom buy a huge pre k workbook at the book store today and figure ill take it and make copies that way i can reuse it for my younmgest when hes old enough. Will defintly check out all those links though!!!
Thanks ladies!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.