Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so yesterday was the worst running day ever.
It started off fine by me running 3 on the treadmill and then I went to go and run 6.2 outside and and it was bad. I got a half mile into it and it felt like my heart jumped into my throat and I couldnt catch my breath. I tried to run it out and it wasn't going away. I was feeling sick to my stomach and every so often I felt like I was gonna pass out. I only finished four more miles and went inside. But everytime I would stop walking it felt like I was gonna pass out. I went on the trendmill to have it take my pulse and it was 198, the most it's ever been. Usually when running I stay in the 160's. So I am really curious as to what in the world happened to my body. Does any one know what could have been the problem? I am a marathon runner and this has never happened. It was hot outside but I do normally run in this heat. Not sure what happened.
On another note it must have not affected today because i was able to get in 24.2 miles just fine.
But I am still curious as to what went wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
484 Posts
What did you eat before or the night before? If I don't have enough carbs and sodium before a lr I feel like major crap. Maybe it was a combination of little things like not enough sleep, air pollutants, not enough fuel, etc. Any of these things alone may not slow you down but together may pack a punch. Are there any forest fires in the state you live? I might lean toward air quality or heat since you said you were cranking along fine on the tm. Hmmmmm......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.