Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know right now we are all getting TONS of stuff we don't need (including advice!)
some of it you can return and get what you want, some of it is handed down or unreturnable.

do you want to start a swap thread (or even just "i'll give you this and you can pay for shipping, i don't want it!")?????

and some of us are broke and still need some things that another momma may have toooo much of.

this what a i have to swap:

a new in pack carters 3 pack of onsies (green, yellow, and green yellow stripes)
for a 0-3 m

an insane amount of gently-heavily used onsies for 0-3

misquito netting for a pack-n-play new in pack (graco)

misquito netting for a larger stroller new in pack (graco)

i also used to have my own WAHM business for making wool covers (mother's grace wool covers)
and still have all the stuff and have been happily making little covers these days...i still have almost all the colors of the rainbow for wool and i put an aplique of your chioce on the butt (hearts are my fav. but i can do pretty much anything)

what i NEED:
1 dz (or any) used/new small prefolds
snappies
those cotton gerber baby wash clothes
burp clothes
and any sz of those changing pads (the kind that they call lap pads or crib pads)

ok LETS share!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I think this is a great idea & want to give it a bump. I will look through my stuff tonight & see what I have to trade.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have been given a LOT of gently used 0-3 month size cotton onesies -- t-shirt top, snap bottom (one piece). I have 5 (they all have very light spit-up-type stains if you look closely at the chest) that I want to pass along. They are gender neutral -- white or pale blue, one says "cranky pants" on it! I don't need a swap in exchange -- they're not SO great -- but will send them free if you send me a SASE. PM me if you want them!

·
Registered
230 Posts
mimi, have you thought about tie dying those stained onsies? It'll give them a fun and unique look that no one else has.

I just got a bunch of cloth diapers that I adore, but it looks like we won't get to use any of the smaller sizes. Baby will have a catheter after day 2 or 3 and won't need them.
I'm really bummed.

I have over a dozen kissaluvs size 0 (the newborn ones with the snap down part for the cord).

I also have a dozen preemie sized unbleached chinese prefolds.

I have a few covers as well. I can't tell you what kind right now, they're all packed for our move next week. I was going to list them on ebay, but I'd much rather help out someone here. I would like to get what I paid for them though since I won't even get to use them. All are slightly used, but in very good condition. I paid $6 each for the kissaluvs and $6 a dozen for the prefolds. The covers were priced individually and I'd have to look at them to remember what they were.

I also have lots of newborn clothing for both boy and girl that won't be getting worn in the NICU. I'll make a list after I unpack.

A swing, if there's anyone local to Seattle that might want it, its in excellent condition, althoughmissing the tray, and its free.

A bassinet with at least 2 or 3 sheets

I also make slings, wraps, and mei tais for very low cost. I supply all the local foster parents. If anyone is looking for something on a low budget let me know. I can either help make you one, or give you some good tips for making your own. I will be bringing my machine with me to the hospital, I already got it approved.

I'll list things more specifically later.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by daisysmom
I also have a dozen preemie sized unbleached chinese prefolds.

I have a few covers as well. I can't tell you what kind right now, they're all packed for our move next week. I was going to list them on ebay, but I'd much rather help out someone here. I would like to get what I paid for them though since I won't even get to use them. All are slightly used, but in very good condition. I paid $6 each for the kissaluvs and $6 a dozen for the prefolds. The covers were priced individually and I'd have to look at them to remember what they were.
I'd be happy to buy the preemie prefolds. Send me a PM with how you'd like me to pay & we can work out details.

Quote:
I also have lots of newborn clothing for both boy and girl that won't be getting worn in the NICU. I'll make a list after I unpack.
Did I miss something? I hope baby is ok. Did you give birth already?

·
Registered
376 Posts
: what's going on ?

i'm dying for a good sling or two ... let me know what you would want for it/them and how you'd want to go about it!! would love to spend money with someone here than someone i'm not familiar with at all

·
Registered
778 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by qjraven8
: what's going on ?

i'm dying for a good sling or two ... let me know what you would want for it/them and how you'd want to go about it!! would love to spend money with someone here than someone i'm not familiar with at all

Ditto all of the above!

I've been looking for a sling - just don't know what type to get.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakotamidnight

I've been looking for a sling - just don't know what type to get.
I've tried about a dozen different styles. my favorites are the Maya Wrap and New Native styles. Those are the patterns I use, the Maya Wrap being my absolute favorite. I charge $15 to make it + $5 for rings and thread + the cost of the fabric that you choose. It usually comes to about $35-40 unless you choose a really expensive fabric. I can also do a custom tie dye sling in either sateen or egyptian cotton. both are fantastic fabrics.

No, ya'll didn't miss anything. I just haven't posted lately about the baby's situation. I haven't delivered yet, but I'm not going to need any 0-3 month clothing at all. We'll be lucky to be able to bring baby home before Christmas and the newborn stuff won't fit by then. The baby will be in the NICU for 2-5 months after birth, even if we make it to term, which they highly doubt. It'll need several surgeries before it can come home. Even then, I might have more onsies to swap. I don't know yet how many tubes I'll have to accomodate, so onsies may not work. I'm bummed, I'd just finished tie dying some really cute long sleeved snap crotch onsies when we found out for sure there would be tubes.

·
Registered
376 Posts
daisysmom said:
I've tried about a dozen different styles. my favorites are the Maya Wrap and New Native styles. Those are the patterns I use, the Maya Wrap being my absolute favorite. I charge $15 to make it + $5 for rings and thread + the cost of the fabric that you choose. It usually comes to about $35-40 unless you choose a really expensive fabric. I can also do a custom tie dye sling in either sateen or egyptian cotton. both are fantastic fabrics.

you just let me know how you would want to handle it, i could prepay or something ... pm me?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Bumping
**** Cover pending right now
**** LOL

And I've finally got something useful, lol!

In a lot of dipes that I just bought was this cover. I'm not real fond of the tie dye and I know DH wouldn't be either, so I thought I'd see if anyone wanted to trade for it.

It's a cuddlebuns that is supposed to fit from 8 to 40 pounds because of how the snaps are designed. It's wool. Ummmm. What else? Gently used by a momma I know, she takes real good care of her stuff.

We could use:
*Baby socks
*GN or boyish clothes, in small sizes. Would prefer sleepers with feet that are all cotton. Also pants for 0-6 months, cotton.
*Long sleeve onsies in 3-6 months
* That misquito netting for the portacrib (but I know you don't need wool covers, you make them!)
*Insert for the car seat that keeps babe's head from rolling around
*snow suit or other warmish thing for 3-6 months

Cara

·
Registered
778 Posts
Myhoney'swife - I have the car seat insert {2 in fact, one white and one blue} -
but I'm likely going to be using sposies {grandparents prefer sposies and will be my daycare}. Maybe we can work something out though.

The only things I'm really wanting is a sling {ring type most likely, as I have no idea what size I'll be after baby} and nursing pads. Everything else is bought, except for good cloth nursing pads which I can't find around here.

I could have kicked myself for not buying the used sling I saw at the local thrift store for $5!

If there is any particular item anyone is looking for, let me know and I'll keep an eye out at my local thrift store. That place is the bomb and dirt cheap!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by myhoneyswife
Ooo, I have a NoJo ring sling in pastel colors. I can take a picture of it if you want. It works well, but I made a pouch sling that I like a lot better.
I'm definately interested - this was actually the sling I passed up on at the thrift store!

Would it fit me though? - I'm about 5'3" and a size 18-22 {guessing due to weight loss during pg}. Wearing a 42DD if that helps any

I can pick up GN or boyish items at my local thift store - no problem. Just let me know sizes or anything you don't want {colors, etc.} I've seen snowsuits in there too - if you were looking for a newborn one they had a gorgous white one yesterday when I was there.

How many items would I need to trade for the sling? The car seat inserts plus say 3-4 outfits?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Just wanted to add - I'm going to have a few more items to swap. An online baby shower I signed up for fell through {package undeliverable}, so as soon as I get the package back, I'll post up what all is in it for trade.

I know there is a good sized new pink plaid chennille blanket in there {loved it - but it's made from rayon and I'm allergic!} Other than that, I honestly can't remember what all is in there, except that is all girl items.

I also have a few boyish sleepers and onesies as well.

And if there are any items you are looking for, let me know. I have a wonderful thrift store less than a block away from my house, and go weekly. They tend to get a bit of everything since we have a military base close by.

I'm looking for:

Nursing pads {cloth}
diaper coupons {sposies}
sling - any types
and a christening gown {something long, simple & elegant. Think amish
. Needs to be around size 3-6 months}

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakotamidnight
sling - any types
I have a med khaki twill pouch sling I need to get rid of. It's basically brand new, it's just too small for me. I can't think of much I need right now, but I am willing to let it go cheap. If you are intrested PM me.

I am having a hard time getting a list of everything together that I need/want to get rid of but off the top of my head I have:
-6 newborn onsies some white, some blue
-1 newborn tee white & blue print
-1 doz infant prefolds tye dyed (used so may have some stains, hard to tell w/ the tye dye)
-snuggli type carrier navy blue & white

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.