Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 39 weeks tomorrow and have been antsy today for some reason. My MW had suggested waterbirth for me. I kind of tend to freak out during the pushing stage so she thinks this will ease things for me. I live in an apt. so the logisitcs were always a problem. Even after she mentioned it I was still a little iffy about it, not because I did not like the idea but I would have no where to put the pool. I had mentioned it to one of my friends and she suggested I do it in the 'school room' I homeschool and use one of the bedrooms as a little school. It was like a light bulb went off. I never thought of using that room but thought about birthing in my own bedroom. Anyway long story short I decided to do it that way.

I ordered all my stuff online (actually got all the stuff from ebay) and it has slowly been coming in. I was afraid I might go in to labor and not have any of it. Today the air pump came in and thats the last thing I was waiting for. I feel a little more relaxed now and feel mentally ready. I have been having braxton hicks since Saturday off and on (after not having had them for 2 weeks) I hope things get started soon. MW is coming on Thurs. Hope everyone is alright.

So no one else is having a waterbirth?

Michelle
edd 7/7 #4

·
Registered
545 Posts
I traded an ABC (baby carrier) for an Aquadoula rental! I plan to labor in there and possibly deliver in it. I am just open minded to anything (except hospital transfer) and would love to give birth in the water. I plan to set up the tub in our bedroom if it will fit so I can close the door and have privacy and our living room will be like the waiting room. We have a tiny house!

That's too cool that you have enough room in your house to have a homeschool classroom!

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I laboured in a kiddie pool all during my last birthing. I didn't actually end up giving birth in there, but right up till the end, was in the birth pool. If it was up to me, I would have given birth in there.

So I'm going to stick with what works. I loved having the hot water to soak myself in. I think it makes labour mightily easier. I'm going to do it again this time around. I think I will probably actually give birth in the pool this time.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
My second was a waterbirth in a kiddie pool in our bedroom and it was awesome! I plan to use the same one for this baby...actually I blew up the pool today! We are planning to be either in our bedroom or outside on our sundeck this time depending on the weather. I can't believe it will be soon!!!

Jen

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm planning a water birth too, but have no idea where to put it. The only place available in our small apt. is smack in the middle of our livingroom. I think once I blow it up we'll put it on its side somewhere so DS doesn't play with it (though I know he'll try).

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Mamajaza,

I am using the Maple Ridge midwives, but we are also considering u/c...the problem is our two kids and having no one close by to help who would be cool about u/c...on the other hand I have fast labours and very fast pushing stages (Malcolm was 5 minutes of pushing...) so it may not be my choice!! I do like my midwives tho and they were very hands off with Malcolms birth...I think they really understand where our heads are at

I am going to LLL in Maple Ridge. We meet the 2nd Monday of the month at the Family Place which is on 119th Ave between 222nd and 224th St.s in downtown Maple Ridge. It is at 7pm and of course its free and everyone is welcome...a little bit of a different mix of folks but we have some great regulars... I don't if I;ll make it to the next meeting which is July 12th, but I will try!

Otherwise, I am feeling great...a little tired now but not too bad...baby is very low and I think it is going to be soon. I am all ready...the only thing I still want to do is my belly cast which I will probably get to this weekend.

Hope all is well with you and you are enjoying these last weeks of pregnancy!!

Jen

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Mamajaza,

I got my kit at The Birthplace in Maple Ridge. I think they sell them for about $22. You could definitely get it all at a good hardware store and I;m sure it would be cheaper
It's just rolls of plaster strips which you cut into different sizes and instructions. They told me that to preserve it properly you have to seal it afterwards and if you want it to be smooth you have to sand it a lot! I have done it before on my SIL but this will be my first! Good luck!

Jen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts