Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We go to a GP, on occasion, and this year it was just to get the dumb school form filled out. We religious exempt, and our GP is very supportive about parental choices (homebirth, breastfeeding, no-vax)

But this time I got a teeny tiny lecture ( he knows I work in public health so he was courteous but....)

Good points:
he said if I ever wanted any shot he has NO problem with NOT reporting to the Fla SHOTS database tracking system , thereby letting me continue with the religious exemption ( Fla is an all or nothing state)

Bad point: he really kept insisting that my kids might need of all things....Hep A
:

Why? who knows. that is not even a required shot in Fla.

Why would this one jump out at my family doc??

OH the best part was the 3rd year Med student shadowing him. He is going into Peds. I introduced myself as a Lactation consultant and a MPH grad student at the same school as he goes to.
So I am glad he got to see someone IN public health , refusing vax, with very healthy smart kids. I hope it made an impression

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KeysMama
Bad point: he really kept insisting that my kids might need of all things....Hep A
:

Why would this one jump out at my family doc??
Of course he's going to push the Hepatitis A vax, which was just recently universally recommended. He's probably still high off that visit with the Merck rep last week . . . the blonde one with the huge slit in her skirt and the pom poms.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LongIsland
the blonde one with the huge slit in her skirt and the pom poms.
Rah Rah Ree... kick 'em in the knee!
Rah Rah Rass... kick 'em in the OTHER knee!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts