Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We didn't get much of a selection; only what was available at our power company since we can make payments on it. The only way we could afford them!

Anyway, I got a Frigidaire Gallery Series GLTF2070DS; a picture is here. PLEASE don't tell me this is a pile of junk! I haven't tried it yet; hopefully tomorrow. I'm going to have to figure out a whole new wash routine for my diapers now, LOL!

Anyone else have this one? Any feedback?

TIA!!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
You did not get a bad washer. I have the older version of the same one and to be honest have had it for 6 years and I love it. My MIL has one too and has had it for 7 years. My FIL worked for this company for 23 years when he passed away this spring and all of our appliances were Fridgidair. They don't have a bad product!!

Hope you love it
Hugs
Jessica

·
Registered
80 Posts
oooh, I want a FL sooo bad. Mostly for the increased capacity. Though it would be nice to get one of those cute colored ones too, since I feel like I spend about half my life standing in front of it.

Hope you love it!

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Jessica for the reassurance! DH actually picked it out for me; I never saw it until he brought it home. He did a great job!

Now, how do you wash your diapers in it? I can't program a custom wash cycle, so I'm trying to figure out how to the first cold rinse. I have almost all prefolds (Indian unbleached, YUMMY!). I guess I could do a "quick" wash, then a heavy-duty hoty wash. I have the option of an extra rinse too.

Hopefully that will work. It will be awhile before I get to wash my diapers though. We're still not fully moved in yet, and the girls are still in sposies. Hopefully by Monday I can start using my cloth again!

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
here is how I do mine

First I do a prewash in cold with a Tablespoon of baking soda. Then I do a hot wash with a 1/4 cup detergent and another tablespoon of bakingsoda, with a glug of vinegar in the softener spot. Mine are always clean and so far no stink issue, I do have it set to do an extra rince at the end as well.

Good luck
Jessica

1 - 6 of 6 Posts