Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Well, I am at work right now and about 15 minutes ago I took a pregnancy test in the bathroom.  I did a double and quadruple take because it said I am pregnant!!!  The thing is, we weren't going to try until my upcoming cycle, so this is quite a surprise.  Now keep in mind that it was only one test so far, and I know they aren't always 100% accurate.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So here's the deal.  During my current cycle I had been doing a whole body cleanse that I got from my ND.  I was doing it as one final preparation BEFORE we started trying.  It was basically 12 days of various herbal concoctions for the liver, kidneys, colon, gallbladder, involved some homeopathic drops for liver and gallbladder, and ended on Saturday night with a dreadful gallbladder flush-- the ones where you drink the olive oil.  Ick!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I ended this cleanse on Saturday with the olive oil.  I started it on November 24.  I believe I ovulated around November 24 as well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't have all the stuff I took with me, but I know it included all kinds of herbs.  I will look at the labels when I get home.  Obviously there is nothing I can do about it now-- what's done is done.  I can't un-take the stuff, but is there anything else I should be aware of?  Anything in particular I should think about doing now given the scenario??</p>

·
Registered
764 Posts
<p>Your right that your can't undo it, but since you o'ed around the time you quit taking the cleanse, it's probably ok.  Most babies don't implant for 5-10 days after ovulation,  in the very beginning they are nourished by the corpus luteum (sorry if that's spelled wrong) so shouldn't have been exposed.  Can you call your nd and ask more about it?</p>

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>All right-- more info.  Another pg test also shows a positive.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The brand of stuff I was taking is Bioresonance Research-- a brand by Dr. Theresa Dale from Santa Cruz, CA.  My ND seems to use all her products.  I was hoping to find the products online so I can copy and past the ingredients, but the ingredient list is not the same as the bottles, so I guess I will be typing some of it out!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Liver-pro- dandelion root, milk thistle seed, <span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial;color:#000000;">Atractylodes rhizome, barberry root, burpleurum root, burdock root, Chinese mint leaf, hyssop aerial parts, Chamaelirium Luteum Root</span>, dandelion leaf, <span style="font-family:Arial;color:#000000;">Poria Cocos 4:1 extract, cayenne fruit, don quai root, ginger root, peony root, tribulus Terrestris Fruit</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Kidney-pro-borage leaf, fenugreek seed, parsley leaf, buchu leaf, cayenne fruit, cleavers herb, comsilk, damiana leaf, holy basil leaf 10:1 extract, juniper berries, lycium fruit, marshmallow root, uva ursi leaf, dandelion root, gravel root, hydrangea root, yarrow flower</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Colon-pro- rhubarb root, cascara sagrada bark, senna leaf, aloe vera leaf, slipery elm bark, buckthorn bark, fennel seed, ginger root, barberry root, golden seal leaf, psyllium husk</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Whole Body & Immune pro- astragalus root, milk thistle seed, echineacea purpurea root, golden seal leaf, reishi mushroom, aloe vera leaf, barberry root, burdock root, burpleurium root, cayenne fruit, chickweed herb, cleavers herb, fenugreek seed 4:1 extract, gentian root, Irish moss, pau d' arco bark, peppermint leaf, prickly ash bark, sarsaparilla root, slippery elm bark, yarrow flower, ginger root</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ortho-phos- water, ortho-phosphoric acid FCC, insitol, choline (taken in apple juice)</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>The last two things were homeopathic drops called Neuro-emotional remedies:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>#2 gallbladder- resentment: Fei Tauri 3X, Chionanthus Virginica 30C, Arsenicum Album 1M, Platinum Metallicum 1M</p>
<p> </p>
<p>#6 Liver- anger: Chelidonium Majus 3X, Cholesterinum 30C, Arsenicum Album 1M, Belladonna 1M, Lycopodium Clavatum 1M, Tarentula Hispana 10M</p>

·
Registered
134 Posts
<p>I don't know anything about those particular herbs and products, however my understanding would be that the negative effect of any herbs during a pregnancy would be risk of miscarriage (or possibly impeding pregnancy ocurring in the first place, but that obviously isn't the case with you!)  I've never heard or herbs that can cause any problems with the developing foetus or birth defects or anything like that.  So my guess would be that since you took them all and got pregnant anyway, there wouldn't be anything to worry about it.  Obviously check it out with the experts, but in the meantime, I wouldn't worry. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>[and when I say risk of miscarriage, I mean at the time of taking the herbs, not many days after so wouldn't worry about that on either]</p>

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
<p>Babies are so protected in those early days I wouldn't worry about it. I never ever ever drink and this baby was conceived during a weekend getaway in the mountains with my DH. We lived in the hot tub and enjoyed ourselves when it came to drinks, etc. We weren't trying to get pregnant so I went about my regular workout, lifting heavy, taking supplements, etc and I'm 22w pg with a healthy baby girl. I wouldn't stress if I were you. Just make sure you're taking folic acid now and don't worry!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts