Mothering Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, why would they be doing this? Are vaccines not looking so good? Could this be anything to do with the recent push to removed school exemptions, apart from medical?

Older Data Doesn’t Reflect Uptick in Awards to Vaccine Victims

Here's what they claim is the reason:

HRSA says vaccine makers had no influence over the decision to revert to older data. The agency said it did so to synch up with a statistic the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) provides for the same chart that is only current through 2013: the number of vaccine doses distributed in US.
“An internal decision was made to ensure that all data was internally consistent…and to update [the chart] only when all relevant data was available,” said HRSA in a statement.
The real numbers:

Court decisions won by vaccine victims since 2006
Chart shows (through 2013): 59
Actual number (through April 2015): 165

Concessions won by vaccine victims since 2006
Chart shows (through 2013): 127
Actual number (through April 2015): 198

Vaccine victims paid after settlements since 2006
Chart shows (through 2013): 1388
Actual number (through April 2015): 1488
https://sharylattkisson.com/governm...aign=Feed:+SharylAttkisson+(Sharyl+Attkisson)

·
Registered
24,719 Posts
Any stats on how many are turned away?

And remember that only 1-10% are ever reported, let alone filed with the federal vaccine court.

Reactions: Anne Jividen

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Now, why would they be doing this? Are vaccines not looking so good? Could this be anything to do with the recent push to removed school exemptions, apart from medical?
So basically I conclude from this that you think the government is deliberately deleting data which makes vaccines look bad so that people won't think vaccines look bad?

Just wanted to comment that it's statements like this which make pro-vaxers think non-vaxers believe in conspiracy theories. Or am I misinterpreting the comment here?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
So basically I conclude from this that you think the government is deliberately deleting data which makes vaccines look bad so that people won't think vaccines look bad?

Just wanted to comment that it's statements like this which make pro-vaxers think non-vaxers believe in conspiracy theories. Or am I misinterpreting the comment here?
That's right... There have never been any cover-ups ever in the history of the world:eyesroll.

It's statements like those that make it seem that pro-vaxers believe the government would never lie.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
So then you are agreeing that some anti-vax sentiment is based on the idea/belief in a massive conspiracy to cover up harm done by vaccines (since there's no actual evidence of significant harm it either isn't there, or is covered up)?

ETA: "Significant" (we all know that rare serious reactions, and more frequent minor reactions do occur, but that's not what I mean there).

·
Registered
605 Posts
That's right... There have never been any cover-ups ever in the history of the world:eyesroll.

It's statements like those that make it seem that pro-vaxers believe the government would never lie.
There is a pretty big leap between saying it is implausible that the U.S. government, in 2015, is deliberately deleting data that makes vaccines look bad so that people won't think vaccines look bad, and saying there have never been any cover-ups ever in the history of the world and the government would never lie.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
So then you are agreeing that some anti-vax sentiment is based on the idea/belief in a massive conspiracy to cover up harm done by vaccines (since there's no actual evidence of significant harm it either isn't there, or is covered up)?

ETA: "Significant" (we all know that rare serious reactions, and more frequent minor reactions do occur, but that's not what I mean there).

Well, I can't answer that question for you because I don't follow an "anti-vax" sentiment. I was just pointing out the fact that whether it's occurring in this thread or not I don't know but data cover-ups can certainly happen.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Nothing new regarding 'coverups' it has been going on for decades (perhaps longer).

For example see similarity between smoking and vaccine damage coverups/denial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOkKNSs2xsQ
(BTW, I doubt the cause is actually the thimerosal, it is more likely those vaccines made utilizing aborted unborn babies as the correlation is much closer than correlation with thimerosal in vaccines (which is going down) and autism (which is going up)

·
Registered
18,825 Posts
Merck buried some inconvenient Vioxx data and got away with it for several years.

The Merck whistleblowers actually called the FDA about the manipulation of mumps data that was going on and the man from the FDA just let Merck walk all over him.

At Simpsonwood, government employees met with representatives of the vaccine manufacturers to look at some inconvenient data and agreed to hide it.

Darn, I really don't like conspiracy theory explanations, but there are some situations around vaccines that do look just a trifle conspiratorial.

Oh, and 36 states having legislation brought forward following the Disneyland measles outbreak, all having to do with vaccines...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts