Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,<br>
My parents bought this convertible seat for when they are babysitting. It's brand new. I installed it in their 2010 Honda CRV, rear facing, and i just can't get it so it doesn't move. The instructions say there shouldn't be more than an inch of give, which is how my Britex fits in my Civic. It also says the balance ball needs to be in the green area, and if it's not, to add rolled towels underneath until it is. So I added one towel, and the ball is in the green. The LATCH strap is pulled as tight as I can get it--i sat on top of the seat to make sure.....but the back of the seat just lifts right up. I read and re read the instructions, and I just can't get it. Suggestions? Advice?<br>
TIA

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
That is normal. You want 1" or less of movement at the BELTPATH (where the latch goes through the seat). Movement at the back is normal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your quick reply. It is pretty tight at the belt path, but I still feel like it's so much floppier than the one in my car. Hopefully I can get it to a check station this week.<br>
I have a feeling they are gonna tell me to turn it fwd facing. I never see Rf seats except buckets. My little dude is 13 months, about 20 lbs and about 30".

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
A ComfortSport is going to be bendier than a Britax. That doesn't make it unsafe: they're just different seats.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have a 2008 CRV, and the back seats recline. Once, my older DS wanted to help out, and reclined all the back seats, and it seemed to give my RF bucket all kinds of room to move! But, when the seats are in the upright position, the carseat feels much more secure.<br><br>
I would make sure the back seats are not in a reclined position.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Sharon! I wouldn't have even thought of that! I will check it out.

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
But make sure your seats are in the right recline position for installing child seats. Your vehicle manual should say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts