Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever made a grape pie?? I have some green grapes and a pre-made pie shell (
: ) and i was wondering how one might go about making a grape pie? I saw one once made from red grapes, and it looked good, but i didnt taste it.

anyone know about this?? TIA!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
* 2 1/2 cups seedless grapes
* 3 tablespoons melted butter
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie (we only use 1 crust, this is just how the recipe states it)

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Wash fully ripened grapes. Separate the grape pulp and skins. In a sauce pan over medium heat cook grape pulp slowly until soft. Rub cooked pulp through a sieve. Combine the sieved pulp and grapes skins.
3. Mix the flour and sugar together and add to grape mixture. Stir in the melted butter and pour into one 9 inch unbaked pie shell. Cover top with strips of pastry. You can make a lattice pattern if desired.
4. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for about 25 minutes.

that's the recipe my gram uses all the time .. the flavour totally changes with different types of grapes - all of 'em are good tho.

·
Registered
0 Posts
That sounds about like mine, and it's delicious! The grapes are much easier to separate from the skins than I thought they would be too. They just pop out with a little squeeze (at least the concord grapes that I grow and use do).

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks!

with the one pie that i saw, the grapes were whole...but it makes sense to "peel" the grapes first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts