Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To add to my list.

What to do with James while I'm in the hospital...

1) DH will have to work
2) I don't trust Josh at night. He could fall asleep standing up and sleep through an airplane landing in our living room. We've tried doing the "Daddy will do the good night routine" for a while to get James used to it and get him off of holding 'boobie' so that it's not an issue when Aldrea is born. Well it's not working so well. James would be fine. It's DH that falls asleep way before James does and then James is left to wander the bedroom. Last night I peeked in and he was at the foot of the bed playing with Josh's alarm clock...Josh was fast asleep.

Guess when I'm in the hospital James will either have to stay at MIL's or MIL will have to stay here.

And the 2nd part of that...if my hospital stay happens to be over the weekend, how do I break it to Josh that I don't trust him to care for his son overnight? I trust his mother more?
: Praying for a weekday delivery so I can play the "You gotta get up and go to work so James may as well stay with your mom" card.
:

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Aww bummer. You really may just have to come out with it about his sleeping through anything, you know? Until then, I would wake Josh up when he's fallen asleep while James plays so he KNOWS he's fallen asleep, you know? Then he really cannot argue, can he?

Of course, if it's a weekend, and you're having a baby, well don't you want Josh to be with you overnight? So I would just cuddle up and tell him you want him to stay near, and let your MIL handle James. Would that work?

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
Quote:
And the 2nd part of that...if my hospital stay happens to be over the weekend, how do I break it to Josh that I don't trust him to care for his son overnight? I trust his mother more? Praying for a weekday delivery so I can play the "You gotta get up and go to work so James may as well stay with your mom" card.
1. isn't Josh on call -- even when off????? I mean, in theory?
DH is.

2. so Josh can be with you, or come to you in teh middle of the night if necessary, so John doesn't have to worry about James if he is going to get home fromt he hsoptial late, or wants to come see you early or ........ to make it easier of JOSH of course -- isn't that why we do everything FOR our DH's benifit?????

3. CUz you and the baby girl NEED daddy to be with you -- your daughters first two nights, the only two night that you 3 can be just you three....... baby girl needs daddy alone for what little time she gets daddy alone.....

come on girl.... manuplate him

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Yeah - I think if baby comes during the weekend you tell him you want him to stay with you and baby and that his mom has agreed to care for James while you are in the hospital (has she said it would be alright?).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.