Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I just said that because moms in the process of learning hypnosis are cautioned against reading upsetting/negative birth stories. For example the hypnobabies program would agree with the point of the article about avoiding unneccessary intervention, etc., but would not want you putting those stories into your subconscious. Not to invalidate what other women go through/have gone through - just wanting to build a more positive social consciousness.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. I don't know much about hypnobirthing and was wondering. That does make sense but I also agree that most pregnant women don't need that sort of negative message.
Wendi

·
Registered
359 Posts
Wow,
Thanks for that link. I was mostly impressed with the link to the list of references at the end of the article. Finally, someone who has the actual data to back up thier claims!
(don't get me wrong, I believe all these things, I just usually had to go verify the data individually with other stories, and articles, and that was difficult!!)

I was impressed with her writing, and found it to be very well written and very easy to read.

I especially liked her comment about going past the 40 weeks "best if used by date" that cracked me up!!!

Great article!!!

~Moose

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks for the article! I find it facinating that I already "knew" most if not all of the information in there and I still read the whole thing! I think that the desire to be around suffering (our own and others is so great) even in very empowered people. We have been so inundated with it! Just a thought! Very powerful article though!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.