Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning to build in about a year or so and I'm having a hard time finding house plans that really "do it" for me. Starting from scratch is totally overwhelming to me, so I'd love to see some great floor plans.

I'd appreciate any links that you may know of and energy efficiency is definitely a plus!

Thanks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Oh! Oh! I have been drooling over the Sunset Breezehouse this week. It is a totally awesome concept! There are floor plans for various sizes of the same style of house. It's just lovely. You'd need to live in a Mediterranean climate for it to work well, though - like on the West coast - I would think.

·
Registered
435 Posts
http://www.alternativehomeplans.com/houseplans/9c.htm

This is our house. We built it 2 years ago and absolutely love the design. We spent countless hours searching through plans and this was by far the most unique yet efficient plan. Not one inch of space is wasted. It works incredibly well for family life and entertaining. Although it isn't specified, it seems to incorporate a lot of passive solar ideas(except for the family room). Our heating/cooling is very reasonable. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

I can e-mail you a picture of it built if you are interested.

Good luck!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Kerolywn, that is so nice to hear, do you like the back to basic or the whole nine yards. My DH was one of the designers/architects of the back to basic house. Someday I dream of a new house too, but for now I love our 1916 four square.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again for the links! I'm starting to research "greener" building methods and have a lot to learn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.