Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined a gym for a few months, as we had some extra money. I notice one day while picking the kids up from the nursery/play center that one of the workers had her daughter there. I thought it was wonderful that they allowed that so I asked the working some questions about it. At our gym, the childcare works can bring their babies, children with then while working. They had to work at least 3 pt shifts a week. The 3 works I talked to, say it was like one big play group. They also got a free membership for working there.

So if you are interested in staying home with your kiddo's, but still would like a little extra money, check out some of the local gym's. Just an idea. I would love to do that and make a little extra cash, but with 3 kids I would take up alot of room in their center.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I did that when my son was a baby. It wasn't really a gym, but a golf club with spa that also offered yoga classes, etc. Two mornings a week I did babysitting and brought my son...It was something I just stumbled upon because I'd heard they did babysitting and *I* wanted someone to watch my son while I went to their spa. But they said the babysitter had just quit...so I immediately applied. Definitely worth looking into!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Funny this should come up.. I just noticed at our Y that almost every nursery attendant is expecting. Once I got to chatting with one about that, it just made sense. She took the job bc she can just sling new baby when she works, older sib comes too, plus she gets a free membership to work off the pregnancy weight later. Sounds like quite the deal to me!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I did that for four years, but it got to be too much with four boys (have custody of nephew) and my oldest hated going. And this particular gym was not very GD. Kinda of a negative environment and staff wasn't treated well

But for a person with one child(maybe two) in a nice facility I think its a great way to make extra $, plus the free membership is a nice bonus

RayRay~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.