Mothering Forum banner

Great ped find!

496 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Peppamint
We are so happy! We met with our Ped yesterday and are thrilled with how cool he is with our choices.

What I loved was that our decisions were not quite in line with his recommendations, but it didn't matter to him. He respected our feelings. In thinking about it, he could have been condescending or patronizing, as I imagine many docs might be with first-time parents who march in saying that they're going to do xyz and how does he feel about that, but he was fine with it all. He even does his first visit at home which I LOVE. Never questioned me on refusing all shots/eye goop at the hospital and even said that he'd look into the oral Vit. K because he'd had another mom who'd used it in the past. Said that we could discuss vax stuff down the line, because we won't be doing anything in the near future. So laid back and he really knew how to engage my quiet dh.

So I'm psyched! And we found out about him on MDC! I went to tribal areas and searched the forum for ped recommendations near us...what a find. I even printed out the great things people said about him and faxed it to his office today. He joked that he'd have to drop a check in the mail to MDC!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
how totally cool!!!
that is priceless, to have someone taking care of your children that you can trust.
We just met our pediatrician last week too, I got off bedrest to go meet him, it was so very important to me after having a ped for DD that i couldnt stand, who didnt tell us that he did not take our insurance and then i got two huge bills in the mail!
Anyway, this new ped is amazing and we are so happy, so i know the feeling!
We're interviewing our second pediatrician on Tuesday. Found him through MDC as well. I hope I'm as lucky as you mama!

Congrats!

See less See more
How awesome for you guys Danielle!
Yay!
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by dshields
We are so happy! We met with our Ped yesterday and are thrilled with how cool he is with our choices.

What I loved was that our decisions were not quite in line with his recommendations, but it didn't matter to him. He respected our feelings.
That's FABULOUS! Our ped is the same way, in fact his website with the standard vaxing and stuff on it would have scared me away had I read it before I met him but he's totally respectful of our choice to homebirth, no vax, extended bf etc.

Glad you found a winner!
See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.