Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my husband and i would really like to start going to one of the UU parishes around here, but there are so many. we've never been to one before. ideally, we'd like to find one that's got other young families. the ones that are close to us are waltham, lexington, arlington, lincoln, concord, weston, wayland, newton, bedford... etc. any feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Just thought to point out, that some UU are more Christian than others. I am not sure, what you are looking for, but this might be something to keep in mind during your search.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by belltree View Post
Just thought to point out, that some UU are more Christian than others. I am not sure, what you are looking for, but this might be something to keep in mind during your search.
ooh, thanks for that tip. DH and i are pretty much agnostic with atheist leanings. we are looking for a non-dogmatic community. we like UU because it seems to be more like... it doesn't really matter how we got here or why we are here, but what we are going to do now that we are here. we also like that our daughter would be exposed to a lot of different beliefs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
We go to the UU Society of Wellesley Hills. Lots of families with young kids.
The service is at 10:30 on Sundays. It's best to get there a little early if you want the best parking.

Please pm me if you want more info.

I heard the Needham UU church is good, too.
thanks! i know exactly where the wellesley one is. i'm looking around their website and will PM you if i have any questions!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Yes, there is quite a diversity among UU churches in terms of exactly that.
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with any of the churches you mentioned.
One thing to note though is that all of the UU churches I have attended have lay led services during the summer. If you want to see a church in action with all it's activity and get a feel for it's minister, you better get hopping!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.