Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking a class this summer, and my mom is my babysitter. Before I left last Thursday I said "Can you wash my diapers for me?", and then proceeded to go over the wash routine 5 times. She's done it before it shouldn't be that hard right?

Wrong. It's all green. I didn't dump out my bucket of clean until Saturday morning and everything is this sick shade of bright green. All my fitteds, my prefolds... I called up my mom hysterically crying. I can't replace them! She says she has no idea what happened, but that I was obviously looney because no one cries over diapers.

I do have some dyed green prefolds, but when I dumped out the bucket it was only the whites. She may have washed them together and they got seperated when it came to drying, but I have no idea. I washed my fitteds with color remover (out of desperation) and they are slightly less green, but still very weird looking. All my prefolds are unbleached, and I'm afraid to put them in. I also have two brand new snap in soakers for my new AIOs (worn once each!) that are hemp fleece - now totally green. That color remover stuff is NASTY, and I really am afraid to use more to try and get rid of the color. The color remover would probably ruin the fleece tops on the soakers right?

I'm so upset. Where's the LaundryGoddess when you need her? I almost considered buying sposies because I just don't know what to do. Help!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I really don't think the green will stay in your dipes...just wash them normally (maybe on warm or cold, not hot). It should eventually wash out. I wouldn't use the color remover...it could lift off the print as well. It shouldn't affect poly fleece.

HTH!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
That is rotten

My crazy idea would be to do a wash with some color safe bleach. Just depends how desperate you are...I turned a load of whites bright lovely pink last week and freaked...but a soak/wash in colorsafe bleach fixed my problem (mind you I did a couple washes).
I know bleach is the devil
but it's an idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.