Mothering Forum banner

Green Living Topic Open at About.com

1075 Views 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  evies_mom
Just thought I would pass this along. Thought that somebody here might be a good fit. If you are interested, my advice is to apply ASAP. The order the AP is received does make a huge difference.

I am currently in the "training" process and should find out next week if I get in. If anyone does apply and get accepted, I'd be happy to share feedback.

QUALIFICATIONS:

The ideal Guide for this site would be a journalist who has published articles on green architecture, organic gardening and/or green living in general. Alternately, he or she could be a professor of green studies, or a published author on the topic. This person should have a compelling writing style and be able to explain complicated topics to a beginning-level audience. He or she must be familiar with HTML and writing for the Web.

PRIMARY AUDIENCE:

The primary audience for this site is people who are people who are interested in living in a more environmentally responsible way. This includes folks who are making small lifestyle changes as well as people who are building brand-new green homes. It should also serve as a gathering place for people who have been participating in green living for years, and want to share stories and advice.

Description:

TOPICS TO COVER:

Green Living at Home

* Easy ways to save energy around the house

* Cheap ways to pull off an eco-friendly room renovation

* How to set up and organize a recycling bin

* DIY natural cleaning agents

* Product reviews of natural/green products

Green Living on the Go

* Green car care (ex., product reviews of waterless car washers)

* Tips for greener travel

* How to go green at the grocery store

* Alternatives to plastic containers

General Info

* Decoding recycling symbols

* Decoding certifications and labels

* Greenhouse gas emissions 101

* What is upcycling?

Info on how you get paid: http://beaguide.about.com/compensation.htm
See less See more
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts