Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS went to he Dr. for his 4 month check on Tues. morning. He had the dtap vaccine. No reaction that I could tell, except now I'm wondering about his dipes. We've been dairy and soy free for going on 6 weeks now due to bloody, mucousy dipes due to allergies. Now, tonight, he's had the green diarrhea w/ bloody mucous.<br><br>
has this happened to anyone else? can you definitively say it was due to the vaccine?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
We bought a puppy who had been vaccinated the prior day, and for 3 days after we had him home, there was blood in his poop. He hasn't been vaccinated since, hasn't had bloody poop since....a coincidence?<br><br>
Doubt it.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just not sure...I realized I had chugged some cokes in the hopes of staving off a migraine, and forgot about the caramel color in them...so I'm not sure. He didn't have this reaction to the first dtap.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
A boy I used to babysit got a chicken pox vaccine when he was a year. They didn't combine it with any other shots. He had green/black poops for about 48 hours. This had never happened before. After that, if he ate blueberries or tomatoes, he'd have the same kind of odd colored poops.<br><br>
I feel, even if he didn't have a reaction, I don't think the vax did his digestive systems any favors. But that's just me.<br><br>
You could wait a week or two, drink some coke, and see what happens, if you think it was the coke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts