Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's your pick? feedback on either??

mostly for gas here. nothing major, but enough to cause some crying/fussiness...didn't ever really need anything w/ dd1 so curious what others think about each.

tia!

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
gripe water worked within minutes for us. The drugs didn't do a thing.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Gripe water. We tried Mylicon with DD, she had really BAD gas from allergies (thank goodness I figured that one out quickly!) and gripe water helped within minutes, Mylicon never worked ever. With DS I have never tried Mylicon, gripe water always does the trick for him too. Just gave him some a few minutes ago

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wanted to give a little update...we have used each a few times over the past couple weeks...

Mylicon-didn't always seem to make a difference but several times brought about burps/farts nicely & relieve discomfort;

Gripe Water-a few times, seemed to allow her to fall asleep BUT every time I have used it, she has spit up the feeding right after. I am wondering if the amount of liquid suggested is too much for her little belly???

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
Gripe water only tends to calm her down while she's getting it ie she likes the taste but I think the drops actually address the gas problem better.

We've never had spit up after using gripe water.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.