Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who's using Grobabys on a small baby (newborn if it works...) how many inserts can you use before you need to change a shell? Right now I have one shell and 3 inserts (one comes with the shell, plus an extra pack).<br><br>
I'm planning on picking up another shell at some point and am wondering whether I should pick up more inserts too, or whether 2 inserts per shell is a better ratio for a newbie.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
843 Posts
I only change the shell during the day if there's poop on it or it's really wet. Otherwise I'll change it in the morning and sometimes not again till the next morning. Although generally I change it morning, and then night. So about 2 a day, 3 on the day he poops (every other day, it always gets on the shell). For a newborn you might have to change it more if they poop a lot and it gets on the shell. I'd buy 12 if I were you. Then about 24 inserts are good, or 28, that way you don't run out on accident on laundry day.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you figure about a 2:1 ratio for a newborn? I'm not going to build a stash out of them - I have a huge pile of EUC fitteds I'll be using, but wanted to make sure I can use the Grobabies as well (and I'm in love with the new prints!)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Yeah, as they get older not so much. That's all we use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts