Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided this year to grow some medicinal herbs, but I was wondering if its better to grow them indoors or outdoors?

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Herbs are so flexible that you can grow them in either place! They don't occupy a lot of space. Put them where the light source is best. If you have a shady yard and bright kitchen, go indoors. If your kitchen is dim and your yard is sunny, go outdoors. I like to have them in pots on my porch for easy access, along with the ability to bring them in during the winter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I decided this year to grow some medicinal herbs, but I was wondering if its better to grow them indoors or outdoors?
That depends on what you want to grow exactly. I have some experience of growing veggies and I can say that some plants can be grown both indoors and outdoors. But I prefer indoor growing with a small tent like this because it gives me better control over my plants growth. Parsley is a good example.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This seems like good idea to me, unless you plan on using pesticides or other chemically harsh products for your growing. I think that before you buy seeds, you need to read in more detail about the necessary conditions for the growth and proper development of these herbs. Not all herbs can grow in tropical, continental or temperate climates, so before planting it in your garden, you need to know how this plant's growth cycle goes and compare them with yours. If some conditions aren't suitable, but you really want this herb in your garden, then you can find way to make up for the deficiency and reduce the influence of negative factors. For example, I often use special tents, such as this here https://www.redbudsoilcompany.com/collections/grow-tents , to grow flowers that prefer warmer air and soil temperatures all year round than in my garden.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts