Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was having contractions all day. They started out about 20 minutes apart and as of midnight were about 10 mins. apart. I decided I should lay down and see if I could get some rest and they tappered off and went away as I went to sleep.

Today I have nothing. A big fat 0! Talk about frustrating.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm right there with you. I contracted for approx 15 hours yesterday. I thought for sure I'd go to bed and be awoken with major labor pains. Didn't happen and today, nothing. I guess our bodies are just prepping for the big day.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I've been having the same thing, contractions off and on, then they stop. I still think I'll go past my due date though (11/12). I'm going to take this time to get ready and do some last minute cleaning (although I'm not nesting at all, I know it needs to be done!) Is there anything specific you want to do before the baby gets here? Try doing that! Myself, I'm hoping to hold out at least until my husband gets home for R&R (he's in Iraq). I want him to be here!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've been feeling alot of lower back cramping. It comes and goes.
Today is is just lingering there...
I woke up at 4:30 am with a strong contraction/cramping in my back. It lasted about 5 mins then went away. I waited for another but nothing came.

I TOTALLY wanna know when this baby is coming out.
My due date is NOV 1st.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am due on November 8th and I think that I have had a total of 5 contractions over the past few days... that's it! Last night, I felt rather anxious because I keep wondering which day will be the day. I am trying just to enjoy my time but it is getting harder. I would love to have some contractions just to have a little reassurance that I won't go over (my fear is that I would need to be induced, lose my home birth, have to have medical interventions). I do feel for you though! We have to keep hanging in!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had quite a few yesterday, but I think I was just overdoing it, preparing for DS's b'day party.

Now DH is out of the state for a week, so I'm basically living on the couch for a week, hoping to keep my legs together until he gets back!

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea.. well this is getting on my nerves now. I will have them for a few hours, then they go away. I woke up with them at 4 am, had them til 6 and then they went away. I almost had DH stay home from work but then I told him to go.

Now he calls me to ask if I am having contractions and I just want to smack him. I don't know what is more irritating, the contractions coming and going or people asking me if I am having them.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Ya know...I've been feeling some cramping etc too--but I just keep in denial that this baby is close to due...
I am thinking I'll be that person who is falling to their knees with a really hard contrax--then saying--nope, I'm ok...I'm not in labor!
hahhaa
I'm just not ready...I'm loving this journey of pg and not ready to end my journey!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Oh me too, me too!

I'm into my 2nd week of daily contractions. 2-4 hours of 5 min apart, then nothing. Or all day of contractions getting closer and closer until I go to bed and wake up rested with no contractions!

I felt super-frustrated for the first few days.
: I just want to snuggle my new little person! But, I had to change my perspective or go crazy! I know that in the next few days, or couple of weeks at the most, I will be holding and loving my baby!

This baby has no choice but to feel my emotional state. If my baby is living in my emotion, what a disservice to bring a frustrated child into this world! Focus on the beauty of the creation of life. Take heart Mamas, we won't be pregnant forever!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I haven't been having so many that I can time them, but they are definately noticeable in their strength! The past four nights or so I've actually been woken out of a dead sleep because of a really intense contraction..... crazy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts