Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am HATING heartburn right now!! Hating it so much!! I seem to get it no matter what. I take my papaya enzymes almost every night now (some good they're doing...) I don't drink caffiene anymore, RARELY have sugar (and when I do it's not in the evening). I eat small meals, I do all the things you're supposed to do! I already had reflux problems prior to pregnancy, but right now it's SO BAD!
I can't lay down to sleep anymore and I'm getting REALLY sick of trying to fall asleep sitting up. Aside from that being uncomfortable and awkward, it's bad for fetal positioning and after two posterior labours I really wanted to try for a regular one! GRRRRR
:

Last night heartburn hit, then the baby went NUTS, then DH started snoring and no matter how many times I kicked him he would not. Shut. Up! At 5:30 I attacked the !%*# out of him with a pillow and moved to the spare bedroom to sleep.
My daughter's third birthday is tomorrow (her very first party!!) and I will be royally cheesed off if heartburn keeps me up half the night again!

·
Registered
352 Posts

Me too. Last time I remember puking at 42-44 weeks from the heartburn. Wasn't sick, just heartburn so bad.. this time I get it whenever I have ANY amt of sugar at all- even juice or fruit, regardless of time of day. Then all night I get puke up in my mouth randomly... a great addition to the brutal burn.

No cure except to get baby into my arms!

Thinking of you, and feeling glad I have miserable company, lol.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ugh, me too. I've been waking up choking from acid in my throat and mouth, 3rd trimester symptoms are hitting me faster and harder this time around. To help with heartburn, someone mentioned eating a pickle or pickle juice before bed, and that has actually helped me some.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I'm really sorry, but your post made me laugh really hard. My dh never stops snoring no matter how many times I hit/kick/pinch or yell at him. I've ended up attacking him with the pillow many times.

Ahem. Anyway, I'm really sorry your heartburn is bothering you so bad.
I hope you sleep well tonight so Tempest's party goes well. I can't wait to see pictures of her first party!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I had hb much worse with my son's pregnancy than with this one, and with his I was addicted to Tums (not a good thing... I know. I learned with this pregnancy that that much calcium relaxes smooth muscle, uterus is smooth muscle, 3.5 hours of pushing... ugh).

I've rarely taken them this pregnancy, but I got hit really bad with some sour stomach/acidy burps last night and my papaya was in the car, so I decided to take 2 tums.

I GOT HEARTBURN **FROM** THE #@$%^&* TUMS!!!! I was so ticked!

Sorry... just wanted to join in on the venting. I hope you were able to get some sleep and that you can enjoy the party today!

·
Registered
110 Posts
So sorry to hear about your heartburn
, but to read you "venting" was just too funny
. Anyways i've found that avoid any king of greassy foods after 5pm helps, and just like I cure everything else galons of cold water, it seems to melt the acid away... Good luck with the b-day party i'm sure will be great

·
Registered
386 Posts
Its odd how every pregnancy is different. With my first 2 my heartburn kicked
in around 6 months and stayed hot and heavy until babe was born. With #3 I had heart burn but not so bad. I was also taking liquid cal-mag(salus brand) the 3rd time, I think that helped. This time I've had little to no heartburn...hooray!!!! I do take liquid cal-mag and on days when I'm feeling bubbly I take a bit extra. I have suffered from a hiadus hernia which has caused some nasty acid reflux, but its seems to been evening out. I don't do sugar at all in the evening and rarely during the day, very little caffine or refined foods of any kind. For me a nasty one is bread. If I eat bread with supper then i'm bubbly at bed time. I have been taking something called Fruitin, its an antiacid made by Flora. It's worked quite well for me on those few heartburn days. Mostly though I just avoid bread/wheat/pasta/sugar and drink a LOT of water. I also try to reduce the amount of tomatoes I eat...they seem to be a bubble creator for me aswell. Hard though as I LOVE tomatoes/mexican/italian foods......oh the sacrifices we make!!!

Littleteapot: Seems you and I have a fair bit in common...living in the interior of B.C., my little girl turns 3 on the 9th, we are having her party today and sadly I had insomnia last night...grrrr, not to mention I ate grilled cheese for supper...double grrrrrrrrr, bubbles from the bread, cramps from the cheese. Thankfully it just my sister and her family coming down, they are sooo understanding of my pregnant state!!
Your hubby's lucky you let him in the bed at all!! I had to give my DH the boot when it got hot....he just makes me soooo much hotter and with the difficulty I have sleeping it was either sleep or him.....I choose sleep!!! Although the few chilly evenings we've had lately i've invited him back...but for the most part he sleeps with dd in her bed/still in our room but at a safe distance!!

Hope ya'll find the remedy for your heart brun. Its so nasty to be hot and have heartbrun and a BIG belly....makes it so hard to breathe!!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Raw almonds might help a teensy, eensy bit.

Or is that like telling someone with hyperemesis to "keep saltines by the bed and eat a few before you get up?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.