Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think things are going back on track. DH has gone back to work at least part time, after his pneumonia and lung collapse in the fall. We moved to a mold free townhouse. I think things are looking up. It seems like a really nice townhouse complex, people leave their strollers by the front door, outside safe. Kids bicycles on the yards kids out playing in the park all the time, yesterday we had two little girls come and ask if DD could come out and play, they love to push her on the swings. It seems like such a nice neighbourhood. Well we come home from the dr office this evening, and DH's bicycle and our blinking stroller gone! Dh rides his bike to work, since he starts at 4:45 am and there is no buses...and I get around with the stroller! I cannot carry the girls both for long periods, one of the reasons I was at the dr was for physio referral since I have really bad hip and pelvic pain in pregnancy...this sucks! We were just talking about about how safe the new place is and now after less then 2 months this happens....grrrrr!<br><br>
and with everyone leaving bikes and strollers out here....funny thing is previous tenants here left a shed in the back yard, and that is where we kept the bicycle and stroller....

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'm so sorry! Did any of your neighboors see anything? That sucks!

·
Super Moderator
22,695 Posts
Awwww, that sucks! I've had 3 bikes in my life (besides the ones I had as a kid) and all 3 have been stolen. Do you have a freecycle type of group where you could maybe find a replacement for the stroller at least?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
here is a link to community bike programs. you might be able to get a free bike, if one of these places is in your town....you should call them, and tell them your story...<br><br><a href="http://www.ibike.org/encouragement/freebike-usa.htm" target="_blank">http://www.ibike.org/encouragement/freebike-usa.htm</a>

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link There was a place in the next town over for inexpensive bikes, they fix donated bikes and sell them, we'll see if they have anything. Dh Works 7 miles away, so it is a little hike to get there at 4:45 without his bike...and I m seriously fighting some depression...and go nuts when I cannot get out for at least walks with the girls, so I hope we find something soon!<br><br>
As far as the neighbours....nope. We walked thru the whole complex asking people, and just plain looking to see if we saw the bike or stroller, and nada.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts