Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is about two or three things that are on my mind. It is a rant that turned into a therapy session LOL.

The first thing is a shower/blessing/party one of my best friends offered to throw for me. Long story short, after months of talking about it and helping her make plans and getting excited about it, my friend was not able to organize the shower after all (due to health issues, not because she is a lousy friend or anything). But she didn't tell us what was going on, she just never followed up on anything. Another friend took over organizing it last week and it is still happening (it is this Saturday) but it is all kind of last minute at this point. I know it will be a lovely celebration of this new life coming into our world, but selfishly I am kind of bummed because this is my last baby and I wanted a really special event.

Secondly, because of the changes/miscommunications no one knew about my "wishlist" for the shower and now it's too late for anyone to order the more unique things that are only available online. Okay, also a bummer but I decided just to get one of the things (a Happy Tushies wetbag and changing pad set) for myself with my birthday money. Well, their website frustrates the dickens out of me!! Over a month ago (when I was originally making the shower list) it took me multiple tries on several different days to get the whole website to work well enough to figure out what I wanted. Today I am having the same problems and I am grumpy. I am about to say "screw them" but I also can't find exactly what I want anywhere else!

Thirdly, and the real problem... I am really worried/sad for my friend because she's not sure the extent of her health issues. I want to think she is too young to face anything really serious, but sadly that is not true. She may not be okay.
I think I am kind of dwelling on being grumpy about the shower/gifts as a way to not think about the real issues until I have to. She is long distance and there's not much I can do to help or support her other than phone calls. Right now I am waiting to hear from her, she should have some news, and she hasn't returned my call. This sucks.

Phew, it has taken me an hour to get this all out in a logical form, actually I didn't realize everything going on inside my head until I started typing. I was just going to rant about Happy Tushies! Turns out everything else was under the surface. Pregnant emotions are so complicated!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
(((((Tara))))) I agree about pg emotions being confusing. Things that seem not to be that big a deal end up just making you meltdown a few days later when put together with other issues you are dealing with. Why can't life in general just be easy during this last tri?

I hope you get things worked out with Happy Tushies. I hope that even though planning for your shower/event hasn't been what you'd hoped that it still turns out to be a very special day.

I really hope that your friend overcomes the health issues she is dealing with.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Did you check for those Happy Tushies items on eBay or other web stores? Or are they totally exclusive?

I would just contact them and tell them you've had major problems repeatedly and could they put an order in for you manually over the phone?

Good luck to your friend and I hope your party is wondrful! So sorry everything seems to just not be going well. Bummer

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
(((((((hugs)))))))

Do you remember be posting about my friend looking like she had Cervical Cancer and all of a sudden I was happy to be pregnant? She is ok right now actually, goes back in 6 months. I was so worried about her. Why am I sharing this? LOL Pregny brains.

I guess I am trying to say that I can kind of understand how the little things can be so upsetting when you know normally it would be water off a ducks back and in the long run, not a big deal compaired to sick friends. Thats a big deal!

We are trying to have healthy babies and here I wonder how much can we afford to feel? How must stress before it is harmful to baby. So I know I go into denial to protect baby and I so I get upset over little dumb things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.