Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend called today and after asking how I was said she didn't want to hear me down on myself when I expressed concern about my weight. Then she proceeded to tell me that she'll always remember something my best friend told her about always being happy for a baby and how she is always happy when she's pregnant. She then went on to tell me all the very many ways she thinks I'm blessed and acted like I wasn't happy about this baby. In the end I just told her that I had been grumpy and everybody is getting on my nerves, and this conversation wasn't helping me.

Here's the thing~I don't talk to many people about my woes. I would never want to share something about someone to make another disrespect them, for one thing. Plus talking about it can further breed more discontent! I really AM very thankful and blessed, but that doesn't negate that life can be difficult. When I'm not pregnant I can call someone when I'm down, listen as they share about their problems, and then think better of telling them mine so as not to detract from them. When I'm pregnant, I make the few I'll share with listen~but then it backfires. Right now my politeness is gone, and I feel like I listen to them moan and try to be encouraging, but when I'm having a hard time everybody has to play hardball with me.

So now I'm even grumpier!

(((((HUGS))))) sandi

·
Registered
509 Posts
Jeesh! I hate that point of view that people take on pregnancy, that you can't be grumpy, achy, tired, upset, gloomy, worried, etc. because you are pregnant and it's not "healthy" for the baby. While it's true that a good mood is good for you and probably for the baby, NOBODY stays in bliss or contentment for the whole 9 months or after it!!! Everyone has problems and should be given the chance to voice them. And there's no way to work through them if people won't even let you talk!

Sorry, but these peeves me a lot. She sounds really insensitive.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
My grumpiness is almost directly tied to my MIL who's staying for a month and stupid things she says (like, if you wear high heels you'll harm the baby and you shouldn't be picking up DS, etc etc), and she doesn't know how she could have gotten a cold because she hasn't been exposed to the cold (it's called a virus *&^$$!).

Fortunately people have sympathy for MILs making you grumpy no matter what state you're in. Even my DH, because she drives him nuts too.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Yep, I'm VERY grumpy...and way too overly emotional too. I got a little tiny bit mad at a friend for something stupid on Halloween and ended up bawling my eyes out
: I was such a silly jerk
I find myself getting really irritated with people at the grocery store, etc also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.