Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is having a Breastfeeding Fair at the Micronesian Mall (the biggest and practically only mall on Guam)! I'm so excited!! This is a much needed event. There will be a panel of couples/families who breastfeed that will be telling their stories as well as answering questions from the audience. There will be plenty of local vendors and guest speakers. This is a huge deal to me, and I hope everything goes well!
I painted this shirt to display:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../shello103.jpg

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Would you mind telling us what the current breastfeeding advice is over there.. I'm interested to know what kind of information these mama's are getting.

And my other (ignorant) comment. Is formula pushed over there? Is it readily available too?

Please enlighten me w/ your knowledge.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well a good chunk of women breastfeed until six months and a very small handfull who breastfeed beyond that. There is no real data yet, we are working on getting some kind of data from pediatricians. People here love free stuff and will take all the free formula the hospital hands them. The one birthing center here is pro-breastfeeding but doesnt have any "real" lactation consultants (about 2 from a group of 12 RNs who went through a short training and certification program they had out here a few years back...and they arent on site most of the time). The Breastfeeding Coalition here mainly advocates, but we're hoping to get LLL up again (a lady was running it for awhile years ago) because there is no good support group for breastfeeding moms.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so any lactation consultants wanna come to Guam??
:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts