Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Left Behind Games CEO Troy Lyndon, whose company went public in February, says the game's Christian themes will grab the audience that didn't mind gore in "The Passion of the Christ." "We've thought through how the Christian right and the liberal left will slam us," says Lyndon. "But megachurches are very likely to embrace this game."

Quote:
This game immerses children in present-day New York City -- 500 square blocks, stretching from Wall Street to Chinatown, Greenwich Village, the United Nations headquarters, and Harlem. The game rewards children for how effectively they role play the killing of those who resist becoming a born again Christian. The game also offers players the opportunity to switch sides and fight for the army of the AntiChrist, releasing cloven-hoofed demons who feast on conservative Christians and their panicked proselytes.
:puke

http://www.talk2action.org/story/2006/5/29/195855/959

http://www.leftbehindgames.com/pages/index.html

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Isn't it funny how some people love to use religion as justification for violence? It's disgusting. I would never buy my child that game, nor would I allow any child under my care to play that game.
:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Well, at least they let you chose to be on "the other side". Pretty sick stuff for the adults. Sicker for the kids.

You know, why do folks want to have an actual toe to toe "battle" of good VS evil? Is it because their minds are so simple and small that they can't even begin to imagine metaphor contained in the stories, myths and visions of their faith's teachings? Don't get me wrong. I love the book of Revelations as much as the next Taoist. But, it's a vision. It's not meant to be taken literaly. If it did happen like the images describe, then we would be existing on another dementional plain, and that would indeed be interesting.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Whoa, kill people who don't convert? Do Christians really think that way? I thought that ideology (don't get pissed at me please) was saved for those of the extreme Muslim kind. Skeery. I don't mind adults playing that game, but I hoe parents aren't buying it for their kids.

What is the name of the game? I didn't see it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Not all Christians, but there are some. Just like not all Muslims. Only the really crazy Christians and Muslims believe that sort of thing. And, guess what? They are the ones causing all the commotion. So, the crazy Christians and the crazy Muslims need to go get un-crazy and leave the rest of us alone. Or, they can go crazy on each other on an Island somewhere and leave the rest of us alone.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Weren't the Left Behind books on the NYT best sellers list? This is horrifying and I'm afraid it's not going to be limited to fringe groups.

I'm really scared. Have these people ever read the Gospels?!!!? Seriously. It's insane.
:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mara
Whoa, kill people who don't convert? Do Christians really think that way? I thought that ideology (don't get pissed at me please) was saved for those of the extreme Muslim kind. Skeery. I don't mind adults playing that game, but I hoe parents aren't buying it for their kids.

What is the name of the game? I didn't see it.
Haven't heard about the latest 'crusade', I guess?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.