Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
They're extra strips of fabric sewn to the leg holes to prevent leaks, blowouts, etc. This isn't the world's greatest definition, but if you look in my stash pix at my Celtic Wolf cover, you'll see what I mean.

OT: are you Wiccan?

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohhhh...I see!
And that is an absolutely beautiful cover, by the way!
And nope, I'm not Wiccan...but I've done a lot of reading/research regarding it along my spiritual path...it has always kind of interested me.

Thanks so much for answering my question!

Blessings!

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I'm bumping this b/c I have a couple more questions.
I've read that some people really like gussets, but some people hate them...so...tell me why you like/don't like them.
Also, what is the difference between soakers, woolies and longies?
I am interested in trying wool on my twins so they could get more air flow to their little tooshies. They are teething and having toxic poop and horrible diaper rashes. TIA.
Blessings.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Are you talking about the gansey gusset on shorts and pants?

Here is a pic of a gusset on a pair of pants... is that what you are referring too?

Soakers are diaper covers... they only cover the diaper. Some have side legs, some have front legs (leg holes in the front as opposed to the side). Shorts are ... well... shorts, and pants are pants. All made from wool. Hope that helps some!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.