Mothering Forum banner

gwenyth the milk machine

951 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  grumpyshoegirl 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
This completely turned me off Gwyneth Paltrow - I was shocked to read about it, and really very sad for her children.

- Kira

ETA: ...She (Paltrow's nanny) believes babies should be allowed to 'shout it out', as she puts it... Sickening, the way shout is used instead of cry, to frame it in a better way, as if the baby is unreasonably mad.

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Kira~
This completely turned me off Gwyneth Paltrow - I was shocked to read about it, and really very sad for her children.

- Kira

ETA: ...She (Paltrow's nanny) believes babies should be allowed to 'shout it out', as she puts it... Sickening, the way shout is used instead of cry, to frame it in a better way, as if the baby is unreasonably mad.

: Sorry, Gwyneth, you almost had me...
:

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Kira~

This quote from that article speaks volumes:

Quote:
"The 58-year-old maternity nurse is a strong believer in breast-feeding, although she says that babies should also be given a bottle from the beginning so that someone else can do the feed during the night and take some of the pressure from the mother. Having been unable to breast-feed two of her own three children, however, she believes women shouldn't be criticised if it doesn't work for them."
:

Hmmm, I wonder if her inability to breastfeed may been due to a low milk supply by not breastfeeding on demand and adding bottles.

Just a thought.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by frontierpsych
yeah, I don't like the idea that other people need to be able to feed the baby. I mean... why?
I think it's hilarious that people say that they didn't bf because their dh wanted to feed baby. Sure, with the first one, for 2 or 3 weeks, you might get a bit of a fight to feed baby a bottle, but do you really see dad putting up much of a fight to feed 10 month old Sam a bottle.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Hmmm, I wonder if her inability to breastfeed may been due to a low milk supply by not breastfeeding on demand and adding bottles.

Just a thought.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Very few people are actually "unable" to breastfeed if they're doing it the way nature intended.

I can't get over this whole "baby shouldn't rule the roost" at the house. It's not like the baby is demanding junk food and toys, he or she is demanding love, attention, and food! Last time I checked those were needs that we all have.

:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.