Mothering Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to Southern California and I am looking for a good gyn. Any suggestions would be a great help!

·
Registered
704 Posts
post at LAmommas and ask there. under finding your tribe, california, lamommas

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
She's at Cedars Sinai and delivered (totally natural, precipitous labor) my son. I LOVE her. She only takes PPO's, though. Very down-to-earth, has twins, very, very, very communicative and positive.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much- I was hoping to find a woman!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
She's a strong supporter of BF'ing, too, which I liked. She won't work with a midwife, but she was very open to my birth plan and I had NO invasive procedures. (Although she did call a vacuum team to stand by <i>just in case</i> when the baby's heart rate dropped dramatically during pushing - but she said she really didn't want to use them and didn't have to.)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>jenniet</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I just moved to Southern California and I am looking for a good gyn. Any suggestions would be a great help!</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Dr. Stuart Fischbein<br>
10309 Santa Monica Blvd #300<br>
Century City<br>
Between Ave of the Stars & Beverly Glen on the north side of the street<br>
(310) 282-8613<br><br>
He was our back up for our home birth. He's a great guy.<br><br>
We ended up doing just fine at home and didn't need him, but I'd still recommend him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
He works with midwifes and backed my high-risk pregnancy and birth with a midwife in a hospital. He stretched beyond what most other doctors would so that I could have the natural birth I wanted, he was awsome. Great reputation in the area. He works in Santa Monica but also in Camarillo where he runs The Woman's Place with a couple of midwifes.<br><br>
HIGHLY RECOMMEND FISCHBEIN. I switched to him after 25 weeks of high-risk pregnancy that was messed up by another doctor and a perinatologist with a great reputation. Fischbein has a long-standing reputation for being different from other doctors, between L.A. and Oxnard.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Alyson Gonzales - Santa Monica- does NOT do episiotomies. Very Friendly African American Gay doctor mom to twins.<br><br>
Rebecca Perlow- Tarzana-belives in squatting, natural birth and mom pulling out own baby. Super nice<br><br><br>
Tonya Brooks- Sherman Oaks- Midwife owns a center, does homebirths- Super friendly and nurturing uses homeopathy. WONDERFUL accepts insurance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts