Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it wasn't even very realistic (I woke up thinking, how come no one called the doula??). But nonetheless, I can't seem to shake this feeling of dread.<br><br>
My DS's hospital Bradley birth went great. I mean, I worked hard, of course, but I had no interventions and felt great afterward. So it's not even like I have a previous bad experience.<br><br>
Anyway, I feel like I need some positive imagery. Do you have any favorite birthing books that may help with this sort of thing?<br><br>
thanks,<br>
Erin

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Sorry, no recommendations for a book. Dreams can really have a big impact, it's amazing sometimes.<br><br>
I hope you find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Maybe you should evaluate what you are scared of. This sounds very real and very important, you shouldn't just try to talk or soothe youself out of it by reading something inspirational. Are you worried about unnecessary interventions? Invasion of your birthing space? You need to make a list of what you're concerned about and decide what the best ways are to make sure you can keep yourself safe and peaceful.<br><br>
Maybe a home birth?

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leosmama, that's interesting, b/c I talked to my BF today, and she said, "It's because you're worried about what to do with DS." I think she's right. I thought my mother would be here to take care of him, but now I'm not sure (she's out of state).<br><br>
DH and I are going to make a plan this weekend, as in, first we call x, then y, then z for childcare. We're going to email everyone and make sure they're okay with it. I think I need to get this resolved to feel ready!<br><br>
thanks,<br>
Erin

·
Registered
122 Posts
You might try reading <i>Spiritual Midwifery</i> by Ina May Gaskin. It is basically a volume of birth stories told by the mother or the father. I pick it up from time to time to help me refocus, it is very inspiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts