Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helping dd in the potty this afternoon, I noticed her cheeks were red which made me think of Fifth's Disease which made me realize I hadn't noticed the baby moving in three hours. I drank some water and laid down on the bed. Tried to use my doppler but I think the batteries are running low. Nothing (not even my own heartbeat.) But still, I'm poking and resting and no movement. I load dd into the car and call my docs office, bawling.

I love this nurse who only works one day in the ob's office. She's almost a midwife and is just great. She put me in the NST (non stress test) room and brought me some apple juice and dd some water. Anyway, everything is absolutely fine. They didn't make me feel like an idiot for overreacting, either. It was nice to sit and hear the baby's heartbeat.

It was neat to see all the accelerations in the heartrate. How can that be a gender predictor? The heartrate varied from 120s to 160s over the course of 20 minutes.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I know many, many people have had miscarriages and lost babies much later than I did, but I lost my last at 20 weeks and read so many stories of loss at full term that I freak myself out. I now know bad things can happen...sorry to be a downer. I've been OK emotionally this pregnancy, not shouting from the rooftops or anything, until this past couple of weeks. Now I'm getting baby things ready and talking about the baby coming, etc, and occasionally I deal with this fear that, although in reality I know baby needs to stay in and cook longer, that I should get it out of me so that it can be safer. No indication that is necessary, though, so bake baby, bake.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Glad all is well! Don't worry about being a downer. I think sometimes we forget that pregnancy is what it is, and that loss and can happen. To anyone, at any time. Its a reminder to treat ourselves well and just be vigilant! Glad everything is good

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, I didn't know about that before.

I've also given myself nightmares from reading all the stories of stillbirths, and this is my first pregnancy ever! I've stopped reading anything sad, these last few weeks my emotions are going crazy - I can't even watch anything remotely violent on TV, my boyfriend thinks its hilarious!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.