Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>WEll 2 nights ago I was feeling like normal but then i went to lay down and started having really bad pains on my left side of my stomach.  I tried rolling to other side & that didn't help. They weren't horrible, but it was not stomach issues or gas-which is what hubby suggested. He ended up calling the nurse & she said to take some tylenol & drink water & if it wasn't better in an hr to go in.  Right before the hr was up I must have fallen asleep.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think it was contractions. I should know b/c this is my 2nd.  But last time it was more crampy and down low when i slowly went into labor & was going in to be induced same morning. Was it just baby moving maybe?  I've been fine since. Just got mereally nervous/anxious b/c I'll only be 34 weeks this wed.</p>

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
<p>You know, it's tough for me to answer because apparently I was having contractions and didn't know when they hooked me up to a monitor. So I sad something like I thought it was the baby moving, and they told me, no, it was contractions. Now that I was hooked up to a monitor, was told that is what they were, I can feel them more, I think. But it was probably what they were. What is funny is I had the same pain with my first and she was induced, and I have been having these pains for a long time. I don't think I'll go early at all.</p>

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
<p>I think I had ctx last night!  Well, worse than usual I mean.  I felt terrible, had to breathe through them, and even cried for two.  DH got me calmed down.  I am going to call my ob today, I'd rather see her than have to drag the kids to l&d late at night.  Obviously they weren't labor, as I am still pregnant, but I'm wondering if they dilated me any.</p>

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>glad to hear i'm not the only one who doesn't know for sure if pains are contractions or not. it made me super nervous since i'm almost 34 weeks.  i go to my appt tmrw early in the am, but we're expecting more snow & i'm not looking forward to driving in it. i'm a clutz w/o pregnancy or snow-much less both of them. I don't think she will check to see if I'm dilated.</p>

·
Registered
214 Posts
<p>This is my 4th and you would think I would know what they feel like but I swear for like the last week or two I have been so crampy but they eventually go away and dont seem to be progressing. This morning, before I got out of bed they were every 3 min for almost an hour. Got the oldest ready for school and they went away. I was sure we were going to L&D today. I still feel out of sorts but nothing timeable. I really want this baby out early but have never gone early before!!!!</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts