Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I was helping my just-turned-5yo DS in the bath and I reminded him to wash his feet, his butt, his penis, all the usual spots. When I got to the penis, he said "Daddy doesn't pull it back in the shower." I said, "That's because Daddy doesn't have a foreskin." DS said, "And when I grow up I won't have one either." DS has seen XH naked in the shower and has walked in on both DH and FIL in the bathroom - all three circ'd. He was under the impression that grownups don't have foreskins, but kids do, and that when he grew up he wouldn't have one either. I had to explain to him (in simple terms) that they were born with one but the doctors took it off, but we know now that it's better not to mess with it, so he has his. He got this very thoughtful look on his face, looked down at his penis, twiddled the foreskin, looked up at me with this amazed look on his face, and said, "But it's the best part!"

This came not two weeks after he asked how the baby gets inside the mommy. We've had an interesting year!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
He got this very thoughtful look on his face, looked down at his penis, twiddled the foreskin, looked up at me with this amazed look on his face, and said, "But it's the best part!"

LOL. Ah, if only *newborns* could talk. I'll bet that 100/100 of them would tell the doctor to "LEAVE MY FORESKIN ALONE!!!"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.