Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to dye my hair its quite the color right now black roots orange ends
: ....I didnt want to mess with it pregnant now I dont know if I should while bfing....btw its a perment dye I would use

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
My midwife said it was fine... but I felt guilty after doing it. My friend just told me that Whole Foods has a line of hair dye that's much gentler than the harsh stuff in traditional hair dyes. Something to consider.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't know if it's safe healthwise but I do know that your hair can react differently to the dye while nursing. When my dd was about three months I dyed my hair and instead of the end result being brown it was black... I mean really black! I called the 800 number to see what I could do to fix it and they suggested I see a professional. You know you're screwed when the Miss Clairol people tell you to see a professional.

·
Registered
136 Posts
im pretty sure its safe the the PP is right. Your hair wont dye the same as if you weren't bfing. I usually use the natural instinct b/c it comes out after so many washes but still leaves a hint of the color

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.