Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a week ago that my hypothyroidism has gotten slightly worse with pregnancy, so they had to up my dose to 100 micrograms, from 75 micrograms...However, my first sign was that my hair started falling out more than usual. Did anyone else have this? Did it go away, and how long did it last? I'm just paranoid that it's an indication that something bad is happening....I'm 10 weeks today

·
Registered
364 Posts
This happened to a very close friend of mine about 3 years after she was diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypothyroidism. I don't know the correlation between her hair falling out and her dosage though. It happened for a couple of years and has stopped now. You can pm me if you want more info maybe I can put you in touch with her.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is my first pregnancy being hypo (I was hyper with my last pregnancy) and haven't noticed my hair falling out any more than normal. Usually for me though I loose hair at the beginning of the pregnancy and right after giving birth.

I am currently taking 200mcg per day....hopefully my levels will start to behave soon.

Leslie

·
Registered
207 Posts
Did any of you with hypothyroidism have problems with gest diabetes too? Did you still have to take the gd test and did they use the same numbers as other non hypothroid preg mamas to determine what is normal and what is not?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts