Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. so awhile back we switched to all natural hair.. body.. house products..
my only downfall is things to fix hair.. Gel , straightner, & bed head (um.. to make hair look a little dirty & not fluffy.. KWIM.. whats that called?lol)

so..Im looking on drugstore.com
the only gel they have is $17 & $22
: It better work so good I only have to fix my hair once a week for that much

I dont see straightner & a thing like bedhead..

anyone have any good recomendations? its kinda silly to wash in natural & then pile chemicals on.. but I refuse to have bad hair..lol

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
its not a natural hair care product althought i to use the natural soaps and cleaners etc,. But what i love to use is called Nolita, The stuff is awesome it is pricey but you shouldnt go through it like water a little bit works wonders. there is one thats a whipping wax it is totally awesome. I love it I use the glue and the grit gel as well.

·
Premium Member
12,833 Posts
I saw some natural hair gels at the store- but these also contained PVC just like the salon ones! I would be interested if there is anything as I'm thinking of cutting my hair - and have thick curly hair that rebels unless its long and in a pony tail.

What do people use on their hair? I haven't found anything natural beyond shampoo and conditioner that is really non-toxic.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I have not found any all natural hair care products (beyond shampoo and conditioner) either, so when I fix my hair I use aloe vera. My hair is fine and straight, so nothing has ever really worked on it (that would take a miracle). The aloe works as much as any chemical-laden gel ever did.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I have to use a "bedhead"-type product on my (now short) hair, as well, or end up with Q-tip head. I've yet to find a natural product that does the trick, though something that has really helped is to use a bit of my conditioner as a leave-in after showering. In other words, wash and condition, rinse, then re-apply conditioner. On zero-humidity days, I can actually sometimes get away with not using any product at all, particularly if my hair has not been washed for a few days. (As a very wise person once said: "Clean hair is unmanageable hair." :LOL)

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Is your hair curly? I cant tell from your post, but there is a great site called
www.naturalcurly.com that has great discussion boards and recommendations on products. There was a thread going yesterday about natural products for hair.

ALso a book called Curly Girl that has make your own hair products that are natural. One suggestion for gel was aloe vera gel (the kind you eat)

You can also put regular gel in a spray bottle and add distilled water for a spray on gel.......so at least you are diluting the product.

For me, I have very curly hair and right now the humidity in N AZ is really high. I HAVE to wear product in my hair, or wear my hair in a bun or ponytail, which is ok at home but gets a little old after awhile!

ALso, Ive seen that Giovanni makes a hair gel........I saw their products at a natural food store. I know their shampoos are great, havent tried the gel.

·
Premium Member
42,749 Posts
I have wildly curly hair. I have started adding jojoba oil and glycerine to my conditioner. It seems to help with the dryness.

I ran out of gel but I think I will try the kind rainsmom mentioned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.