Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the one where you hang the ring on a strand of your hair over your belly and the result was GIRL!
What did your "old wives tale" test say?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I use a pendulum over my wrist and it tells me all of my kids in a row.. I've done this trick to 19 women (or for 19 pregnancies) and it's been wrong ONCE! Better than 50/50!
i'm having a boy.. and will find out for sure in one week (hopefully!)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I did this one too, and it said Girl..and yesterday found out it is a boy. So it wasn't right for me! also did the Chinese Predictor (Girl), The fact that I can't get enough OJ (Girl), hmmm, and BUNCH of others. I think it was like 90% Girl predictions to 10% boy..I was convinced it was a girl... but I guess the only "test" that matters is the is their something "down there" test ;-)

·
Registered
615 Posts
The hair/ring one says girl, my cravings say girl. The chinese gender predictor says boy if I conceived on December 31 and girl if I conceived on January 1 (and I don't know which one is the right day).

But, my cravings meant girl with my DS too. I think I just have a sweet tooth!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
My mom has only been wrong once. She told me it is a girl...and its a girl! She told me ds was a boy, too. I am going to trust her totally for now on. I think she has been right like 23 out of 34 times now.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I did the ring test and it said boy. I did it over and over and kept getting the same result. I've also had 5 boy dreams and 1 girl dream. So we'll see!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I didn't do an old wives test but I paid someone on Ebay $1.50 to tell me their guess on what the baby is.
I was told a boy. And her feedback seems to show that she is right with her predictions the majority of the time. Ofcourse I just did it for fun but I am hoping for a boy.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aww...thanks for sharing, Mamas.
This stuff just makes me smile, not exactly sure why! Congratulations to all of you who found out for sure with the "something down there test".

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Okay, I did the pendant over my wrist (borrowed a coworker's necklace!)...and it started out going side to side, then in a circle, then back to side to side, then circle again!!! So what the heck? Does this mean that my dream a few weeks ago of boy/girl twins was accurate?!

I also did a gender predictor quiz http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/oldwivestales/ and couldn't answer a few of the questions because I'm not feeling movement yet, and it was back and forth...sometimes it said girl, at the end it said boy, but just barely!

This is fun, though!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
2boyz.. usually when I do the wrist thing it will go through all of your kids, even current ones. mine goes side to side for a girl, and up and down for a boy (my sister in law, who also has really good accuaracy with this goes in oppsite direction of mine.) So, if you have two boys right now and it went side to side first, i would think side to side (then a slight pause maybe or a circle for me means 'thinking') then another side to side, pause or circle then whatever else it has to say.
That's how it works for me anyway.

When I hold mine over my wrist it swings side to side, pause, up and down, pause, up and down, pause side to side, pause, up and down.. and when it's finished it will sit there and do a little quiver! PHEW -so yeah, it says 5 kids for me!!! GIRL, BOY, BOY, GIRL, BOY

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SMR View Post
2boyz.. usually when I do the wrist thing it will go through all of your kids, even current ones. mine goes side to side for a girl, and up and down for a boy (my sister in law, who also has really good accuaracy with this goes in oppsite direction of mine.) So, if you have two boys right now and it went side to side first, i would think side to side (then a slight pause maybe or a circle for me means 'thinking') then another side to side, pause or circle then whatever else it has to say.
That's how it works for me anyway.

When I hold mine over my wrist it swings side to side, pause, up and down, pause, up and down, pause side to side, pause, up and down.. and when it's finished it will sit there and do a little quiver! PHEW -so yeah, it says 5 kids for me!!! GIRL, BOY, BOY, GIRL, BOY
Uhh...yeah...that's CONFUSING!

WHOA!!! Freaky!!! I just took my badges off (I wear all four of them...yes FOUR...on a lanyard around my neck) and I hung them over my wrist. It went side to side, pause, side to side, pause, then up and down!!!!! Cool!

I stopped it then...not interested in any more kids, so I didn't want it to keep going!
:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.