Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so don't
too hard at me! I'm usually a bikini wax kind of gal and it's been waaaaaaay to long since my last one. I'm starting to feel out of control
My question is has anyone ever gotten a wax while preggo? Or is that just toooo
??? Should I just shave and wait till much later to wax? Only problem is I can't see down there to shave.
:

I know this is too stupid for words but hey that's what I've got!

Nikki

·
Registered
699 Posts
I don't wax or shave normally, but I do occasionally trim with the clippers, and I was just thinking last night that it's been waaaaaay too long and desperately needs it - only I'm going to have to do it facing a mirror because I can't see anything anymore! LOL

I wouldn't think there would be anything wrong with getting waxed if you are used to it already - just make sure the salon doesn't have any policies against doing it during pregnancy when you call to make your appt.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yeah, if you normally have it done I don't see a problem. I don't normally trim or wax or anything--I'm not that hairy--but during PG they just keep growing and growing down to my knees and I do trim
When I was PG with DS I didn't even notice how long they were until after the birth when I was in the shower and I looked down and said "HOLY *&&&* when did that happen??"

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, my main concern is that with the increased blood flow to that general area it may be even MORE painful than normal. Usually I can suck it up and do it because it lasts longer but I was wondering if anyone else waxes?

The other day upon leaving the shower the hubby says "wow, you are getting pretty hairy" Um thanks!

Nikki

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepymama
When I was PG with DS I didn't even notice how long they were until after the birth when I was in the shower and I looked down and said "HOLY *&&&* when did that happen??"
I am ROFLMAO at all these comments - hilarious! I'm still shaving by "feel" every few weeks. Legs are getting harder, too. I always react to wax on my eyebrows so haven't ever tried bikini waxing. Plus, with how much eyebrows hurt, I cannot even imagine how bikini waxing would feel...Yow!!!!!

Carol

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Well, I shaved my legs last weekend (have never done a bikini or leg wax tho) and I decided that that was the last time til after I have this baby! I told DH to have no expectations of hairlessness on my part, same as last pregnancy. If it bothers him, he can shave my legs for me.

It just hurts to shave - it aggravates my sciatica to lift a leg up to the edge of the tub and bend over, and to twist to do the outside of my left leg pulls on those nasty round ligaments too much. Just ain't gonna do it no more!!!!

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
When I was pg I only shaved me legs the night before an appointment that I knew I'd be checked at, so not very often. Funny thing is with all 3 of them I was in need of a shave when I had them.lol My hair does not grow hardly at all on my legs when I'm pg.

But boy does it make up for it in the pubic region AND it goes straight. 6-8" straight pubic hair, double cursed I guess. With my first i never did anything to it. With my 2nd about 3/4 into the pg after a few yeast infections I trimmed it short and the yeast infections stopped coming. With my third I kept it short from the beginning and I had no yeast infections at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.