Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have at least learned a couple of things from the last couple of years.
1. If it requires a hat or hood (or anything on her head), it's not going to happen.
2. If it is big, bulky, puffy or in any way not like "clothes" (like the full duck suit she had last year), she won't wear it.
3. If it itches, pinches, or is too tight against her skin, we are done.

I need a costume that is as much like regular clothes as possible. I think the doctor scrubs or astronaut jumpsuit might work. A "Raggedy Ann" style dress, without hat, might fly too. Any other ideas?

· Registered
738 Posts
Hum, I'm not sure. I got both our kids a Old Navy costume because it gets cold here and they are puffy and have a hood, which is exactly opposite of what you want. I think a Raggedy Ann or a Little Red Ridding Hood (sans the hood), could be really cute!!

· Registered
2,490 Posts
my DS is the same. Last year he was a knight. I got him a knights tunic in his size and then black pants. Then just put his winter coat on over it. worked perfect. I think DS will do the same this year.

· Registered
1,413 Posts
DD was a punk rock baby for her first Halloween. Tights, onesie and a tulle skirt. Easy peasy.

Last year, she was a 50's girl, with a with shirt, a black sweater, a pink poodle skirt and black patent leather shoes. SUPER cute.

This year she's probably going to be Little Red Riding Hood.

· Registered
634 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
A kitty cat? black pants, black shirt, draw on whiskers, pin a tail to her pants and give her an ear head band if she wants?
We did this when my son was 20 months and it worked great! We got the black pants and shirt at Walmart for less than $10 total and then used a pair of little girl tights for the tail (snip one leg off, stuff, and pin on). The best thing is that you can use the pants and shirt as part of their regular fall wardrobe!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.